Book Cliffs archery

BOWUNTR

I made a scouting trip over to the Book Cliffs last week to learn the lay of the land. Plenty of deer... I'm interested in anyone willing to share some info on the roadless area to go scout. I can trade Arizona info. Heading back in the next few weeks to backpack in there. Ed F

2.JPG

3.jpg

1.JPG

8.JPG

I've been in the roadless a handful of times. Always saw a lot more deer outside the roadless but I did see one really good one in the roadless

I agree with schoolhousegriz! Way more elk than deer in the roadless area, but also the possibility of a good buck wandering with the Wapiti!
Lots of deer up on the divide road (Road area)

hunted the roadless area on my muzzy deer tag and saw a ton of deer. 3 really good bucks biggest being near 190. Probably saw 30-40 different bucks

I am sure there are plenty of deer in the roadless but I have to agree with the above post. When I had the tag in 2011 I hiked into the roadless one morning and saw 8 bull elk and no bucks. There were enough deer outside the wilderness I never felt the need to go back and find where they were hiding.

Thanks. I'm gonna try and hunt the biggest bucks I can find. I saw over 100 bucks from the divide but too early to tell what they will finish at. Right now I'm in interested in scouting the roadless to see what I can find. I can stay the whole season if I need to. Thanks for the info. Ed

Definitely worth scouting and possibly hunting the roadless area with all of the time you have. Might as well check out all areas. There are probably more deer in the non-roadless areas off of the divide road, but there won't be near the people in the roadless, so that can be attractive too.

My father-in-law had the archery tag last year but messed his back up and surrendered his tag. He got his points back and drew again this year so we will be out there for the bowhunt. We saw some great bucks last year, but not near the total # of deer we have seen in previous years on the archery hunt. Still a great hunt and an amazing place.

Good luck with your tag and if you have any questions or need any help, feel free to reach out.

Stay away from divide road unless if you want to see 90% of the tag holders and their helpers. Also plan on seeing 2-5 guys going after the same buck.

Really excited for my Archery Deer hunt on the Books this year, me and my family hunted there for 40 years starting in the 50's, it will be good to get back there... good luck everyone with a tag...

One more bone
How has the quality and quality changed over the years? And old picture from the good old days?
Thanks

Yes, but other hunters had blown that particular area out. It was a sh!t show the first week. Almost everyone is gone now. I shot mine in the roaded, but in an area that was secluded. But, there were bucks virtually everywhere we looked. We found a couple that were probably the next age class but they were 3x4's that didn't score as well. Ed F

Ya!

It's kinda Irritating!

We Go out 2-3 Times during the November Rut!

What do You See?

You See Bucks doing the Breeding that Nobody Would Shoot during the Seasons!

Be-F'N-lieve Me!

That Herd is Managed for $$$!

Thanks to all those who reached out to help me. I looked at over 200 bucks and ended up shooting the biggest one I saw. Hot, dry and dusty... Thanks again. Ed FView attachment 11995
That’s a good buck. My Dad has a muzzleloader tag for this season. We have made a few scouting trips out there and turned up a few good bucks. But we did lots of little ones.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom