Book Cliffs ML deer

hook1969

I know there’s been a little a lot of negative talk about the book cliffs being in a sad situation. But with only 13 points it was the only unit I felt I could draw. I’m pretty excited I don’t have expectations of killing a 200 inch deer but I would like to kill a buck bigger than anything that I have so far which isn’t saying much. Hopefully a couple of good bucks made it through the winter.

Last edited:
I still think it will be fun. The bucks that survived will be adding up some serious antler growth this year. You only need one. Personally, I somewhat like when people think a unit is tanking because the "hunter effort" factor drops way off on average.

Saw quite a few bucks last year during the ride hunt...I imagine antler growth shouldbe pretty good this year. Should be a fun hunt with a great chance at a really good buck!!

You will have a great hunt. I hunted there in 2012 with my Dad. I think it was one of the best times we ever had on a hunt. I video recorded some of it and I am glad I did. He is not with us anymore and it brings back great memories for me on that hunt. My Dads buck was about a 170" 4X4 that had kind of crabby fronts. The body of the deer was large and easily the largest Buck we had killed until that date. As I remember the deer were not very spooky and that gave you time to look them over good. Didnt have a hard time getting close to them either. That was the first and only time I have seen a 7X7 Bull Elk in real time.

2012 is a looong time ago in a deer unit…
You will have a great hunt. I hunted there in 2012 with my Dad. I think it was one of the best times we ever had on a hunt. I video recorded some of it and I am glad I did. He is not with us anymore and it brings back great memories for me on that hunt. My Dads buck was about a 170" 4X4 that had kind of crabby fronts. The body of the deer was large and easily the largest Buck we had killed until that date. As I remember the deer were not very spooky and that gave you time to look them over good. Didnt have a hard time getting close to them either. That was the first and only time I have seen a 7X7 Bull Elk in real time.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom