Book Cliffs Muzzleloader

Easy_green

I am very excited for this season, even with all the craziness going on around, this fall should be a great time. My Dad drew his first ever limited entry tag for deer. He will be hunting this fall on the Book Cliffs during the muzzleloader hunt. He is 79 years young. I plan on taking a trip to Utah to start scouting at the end of this month and then at least 1-2 weekends until his hunt starts. I have been on the south eastern part of the unit, but I am not familiar with the north. Does anyone have any advice for that area? I am going to scout it, but I would like to know how the roads are? Should I bring extra tires? (I have heard there are some rough roads). Is it better to take a trailer or a tent? Any major concerns that I should worry about or plan for?

The deer will still be on top during your hunt. It is a long way for services. Take extra gas, tires, and Ice. If it rains much the roads can get slick. I didn't have any trouble on my muzzleloader hunt with the roads. We towed a 24' trailer in from the vernal side before the road was paved. It took us 4 hours to get to camp once we left the pavement. Have fun and let us know how it goes

Hey DH!

They've made it a Little Quicker a few years Back!

She's Paved almost to the Divide Road Now!

The deer will still be on top during your hunt. It is a long way for services. Take extra gas, tires, and Ice. If it rains much the roads can get slick. I didn't have any trouble on my muzzleloader hunt with the roads. We towed a 24' trailer in from the vernal side before the road was paved. It took us 4 hours to get to camp once we left the pavement. Have fun and let us know how it goes

They've made it a Little Quicker a few years Back!

She's Paved almost to the Divide Road Now!

That must be nice. My wife turned into a four year old on that drive. The "are we there yet?" questions were endless

I took my first scouting trip out there 3 weeks ago. I appreciate the information and PMs I received on here. I was surprised with the number roads that are on the unit. I helped on an elk hunt back in 2009 or 2010, but we only hunted the southern end of the unit. So this was my first experience going to the northern part of the unit. We saw plenty of deer. My Dad is really excited for the hunt.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom