Book Cliffs Muzzy Advice

ZaneG

I’ll be headed up to the Books with my Father in-law and his friend for the Muzzle Loader hunt. They both have tags. I drew an archery tag up there 5 years ago and there were plenty of deer. I’ve been hearing some scary things about deer quality and numbers up there now. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Id like to get these old guys a couple decent bucks, or at least try. Thanks in advance.

I Don't Shoot Sshhit Up Much anymore!

I Won't Shoot a 16"-18" 4 Point on an LE Unit & Parade it around in the Back of My Pick-Up like it's Some Kinda GAWD-DAMNED Trophy!
Never change Elk-I always love your rants! Not only are they entertaining, they usually have an element of truth to them as well.

Enjoy the hunt, have fun and do a lot of glassing. I enjoyed my bow hunt up there six years ago- scouting really helped.

My Dad had a muzzleloader tag there last season. We saw a handful of shooters and he took a decent 4pt. You will see lots of smaller bucks everyday.

Had the tag last year. Most of the deer seemed to be up high still. Hunt off of the Divide road. Finding deer won't be an issue. You will see lots of bucks, but will have to look really hard or be at the right spot at the right time to get one of the bigger ones. It is a fun hunt and you should have a great time. After the first couple days, you should have the place mostly to yourself.

Thanks everyone for the info. My father in law was able to smack this buck opening mid day. He wasn’t picky and was happy to have his kids and grand kid with him. Fun hunt. It was nice to get back up there after 6 years.
54CD67CF-D542-4E6B-9345-D8AE9E4C0554.jpeg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom