Book Cliffs Muzzy

Smokepole

Trying to decide if I should apply for the Book Cliffs Bitter Creek Muzzy hunt. It has been a few years since I spent any time there. So, I thought I'd get some feed back from those who have spent a lot more time out there than I have lately. Thnx.

Nothing even CLOSE to what it used to be!

I was shocked at both deer and elk numbers in the Bookcliffs compared to past years. WAY DOWN.

I loved the Cliffs. I had ab elk tag there in1992. Spent many years after that out there thru 2010. It was awesome.

Not so much any more, sadly.

Goofy I feel the exact same as you... I used to get extremely excited to head out there, not so much anymore... sad!

Yeah - things are really bad out there. Just stay away. Don't waste your points applying.

I was out there for 10 days last fall for Muzzy Elk. I wasn't really searching for deer, but you would think I would stumble upon a few bucks. I didn't see a single tag worthy buck in those 10 days. Then again, I also know the deer are usually on a different level of the Books by the Muzzy hunt. That could have been a factor as well.

Sorry about that. We saw a lot of elk, but I dont think we seen a single bull over the 310" mark. Many rag horns as herd bulls. It really is sad what the once amazing Book Cliffs has come to.

Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for. Not that I wanted to hear it's gone down hill like it has.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom