Bookcliffs Elk Trouble

slamdunk

12 year old cows, twice the age of anywhere else being studied.
What say ye?
Screenshot_20220417-193938_Instagram.jpg

Wouldn't that be a good thing? More calves being born or is there a certain age where cows don't bare offspring?

What's a Smart Cow Elk Hunter gonna Shoot?

I Can Hear it Now:

We Propose another Cow Elk Hunt in the Book Cliffs!

How Many Were Captured?

They'd Only Have To Catch One at That Age To Have People SCREAMING:

MY GOD!

We've Got Elk Dieing of Old Age!

Let's Add Another Hunt!

Let's Slaughter Some More!

I would have never guessed that a cow would live to be 26.

I bet that’s the one elkassassin lucks into. Yummy.

Slam yes this is a big problem.

It makes it hard to grow a heard to it's objective with that old of cows.
But hey everything happens for a reason. There are so many animals on the landscape.
I hate to say it. But it was probably a good thing we didn't grow to herd objective or we would have a bigger problem on our hands.

Man- I am sure glad I live in Cali where we are far past the point of trying to save ANYTHING, let alone our deer. Our peeps have said F it.....A Zone gets 65,000 tags allotted....have at it guys!! Been that way for years now. No management...just a frickin free for all. In our area, we've seen "hunters" out shooting at deer with .22's. Some of them are not even Americans. ⚽

Man- I am sure glad I live in Cali where we are far past the point of trying to save ANYTHING, let alone our deer. Our peeps have said F it.....A Zone gets 65,000 tags allotted....have at it guys!! Been that way for years now. No management...just a frickin free for all. In our area, we've seen "hunters" out shooting at deer with .22's. Some of them are not even Americans. ⚽

There are Americans in Kali?

Thought they all moved to Utah and Idaho?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom