Bookcliffs Help Please!!!

buglinbilly

Very Active Member
I am an old bowhunter (69) and would like to get as much help on where to get a decent buck in the bookcliffs, on the archery hunt. I drew that tag this year and haven't been there in many years so any help would be welcome and very much appredicated. You can send me a PM or give me a call at 801-262-4416. Thanks in advance.

For anyone helping me, I will email you a full sized photo of either a buck deer, buck antelope, bighorn sheep, bull elk, or any of some of my best bird photos. I'ts my way to say thanksto you for your help and your time.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Allard Murray Utah.

Have a good one BB

Here's a couple examples of some photo you might like.

FreePronghornSepia.jpg

xxyyzz11.jpg

e-wallow-3.jpg

xxyydd.jpg

Bill,
Are you serious? Lucky!!! You and my Dad can draw permits as easy as drawing stick figures on a paper.

You know the Book Cliffs as well as anyone I know. I will email you some ideas in the next few days of areas you might not be familiar with. Well done and best of luck this Fall.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

To be honest, take a Westwater or Seep Ridge 1:100,000 scale map and find the Divide Road. Draw a line 3 miles north of this road and parallel it from Colorado to Willow Creek. Do the same 1 mile south of the Divide Road. Then hang the map on the wall. Get 10 throwing darts and throw them in this zone. Start hunting where the darts hit.
Seriously, there are bucks from one end to the other. Just stay high and glass bucks up in the canyons. Then put some stalks on. Its far more effective than sitting on water in the Book Cliffs in my opinion. Don't stress about it. You are going to see plenty of bucks. You'll kill a nice buck. I don't think there is going to be any one area better than another. Just go hunt and have fun.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom