Bookcliffs roadless access

UtyoteKiller

I've been up Sego from Thompson springs before, but I'm curious as to how the hay canyon road is to ten mile knoll? I know you don't want to be in Sego if there is any weather coming in. Is hay canyon the same? How rough is it, trailer access? TIA

The road up hay canyon is better than the road up Sego, but it is also a place you dont wanna be with a heavy rain. It is better at times, but the county has been pretty lazy the last year and it's been real washboarded.

Sounds like horse trailer access is better then, although more washboard? I know a few times I wasn't sure I was going to make a couple corners in Sego.

Last edited:
Hay Canyon is the easiest road in from the south. And the Divide Road at the top, across to the Roadless Access is as nice a dirt road as you could hope for. Being dirt, water is not good, but luckily we live in a desert. LOL

Never been in from the north either but I've heard it's a steep SOB getting into the roadless from there. How about the trails once you get up hay canyon?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom