Books w/o dogs

mtnrunner260

Hey guys I pulled the spring tag on the Book Cliffs.
My dog connection is going to be very limited on time.
Between work and a couple weddings (not his) he won't have the time we expected.
So my question is can I still get it done without dogs? I'll be able to spend 10 - 15 days out there. I've hunted bear in ID and WYO but much different country.
Or should I turn tag in and hope for more free time for my buddy and the hounds next year?

I'm not in a position to go guided.

I already reached out to bio and he mentioned the pursuit guys are typically eager to help a guy with a kill tag but I don't want to count on that.
Thanks

Hey guys I pulled the spring tag on the Book Cliffs.
My dog connection is going to be very limited on time.
Between work and a couple weddings (not his) he won't have the time we expected.
So my question is can I still get it done without dogs? I'll be able to spend 10 - 15 days out there. I've hunted bear in ID and WYO but much different country.
Or should I turn tag in and hope for more free time for my buddy and the hounds next year?

I'm not in a position to go guided.

I already reached out to bio and he mentioned the pursuit guys are typically eager to help a guy with a kill tag but I don't want to count on that.
Thanks
1 thing to consider is if you turn your tag in for the spring you will loose your money for the tag and also all your points so you are really not out anything to keep it and do the best you can

Facebook, Craigslist, hound dog site's in North Utah, Etc
the GW gave ya some good information try and find guys that are training new dogs or ask the GW if any place out there has a any nuisance bears in the unit you have a tag for U might get lucky.
Bait ?

1 thing to consider is if you turn your tag in for the spring you will loose your money for the tag and also all your points so you are really not out anything to keep it and do the best you can
I got the tag in mail last week, already within 30 days so you're right. Can't turn it in without losing points so it's on. Excited to get in the hills and try to turn up a bear.

Facebook, Craigslist, hound dog site's in North Utah, Etc
the GW gave ya some good information try and find guys that are training new dogs or ask the GW if any place out there has a any nuisance bears in the unit you have a tag for U might get lucky.
Bait ?
Thats a great idea on some of the social media stuff.
No bait allowed on spring hunts but the DWR asks for illegal bait sites to be reported in proclamation so seems like it might be happening.

I got the tag in mail last week, already within 30 days so you're right. Can't turn it in without losing points so it's on. Excited to get in the hills and try to turn up a bear.
I think if you spend a little time out there and don't be afraid to talk the the guys you see with dogs someone will give you some help good luck

Yes, it’s possible to find bears without dogs. Had the multi season tag in 2019. Hired GT Outfitters who ran their dogs in the morning. Shot my bear in the evening of day 1 without dogs, spot and stalk.

Yes, it’s possible to find bears without dogs. Had the multi season tag in 2019. Hired GT Outfitters who ran their dogs in the morning. Shot my bear in the evening of day 1 without dogs, spot and stalk.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Congrats on the bear!
I sent you a pm with a few questions if you don't mind.
Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom