Boot Fitting?

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Will be purchasing a set of hunting boots (both insulated and non insulated) from an online vender and wondered how everyone else buys boots to fit properly. I've been told to get the boot in the next size larger than what you normally wear. Also, someone said to fit your boot so that your toes don't touch. What is everyones else's opinion? Thanks

I'D SAY A HALF TO A FULL SIZE DEPENDING ON HOW THEY RAN. BUT IT IS A GOOD IDEA, YOU DONT WANT A SLOPPY FIT EITHER. YD.

Good question. My Danner's are a full two sizes bigger than every other pair of shoes I own. A pair of Lowa's is 1 size smaller. If I cannot buy them locally I buy them off the internet but check the return policy of where I am buying them. Cabela's has exchanged them a couple of times without question.

My meindle's from cabelas are a 1/2 size smaller than my normal shoe size. I'd be careful about ordering them a size larger. I don't like my feet sliding around at all on those steep downhills or while traversing a steep slope.

i ordered my Danner Elk hunters from Cabelas in size 12, had to send them back and get 11 1/2. i usualy wear 12 in tennis and all, the 11 1/2 are even bigger then my size 12 tennies. they fit well and are comfortable now though.
Casey

I went down to my local Boot Shop and he measured both of my feet. I called schnees boot's and gave them the exact size of both of my feet.I told them I wanted the Insulated LOWA Sheep Hunter's and they told me what size to get and they fit Like a glove!!! Good Luck

Slider: Was your normal shoe size the same size that they sent you from LOWA for the Sheephunter?

NO!!! My normal size is about a 10 1/2 and the Lowa's are size 12!!! I recommend you have both feet measured!!! One foot will be bigger. They will send the boots to fit the larger foot!!! Good Luck

The same with me, I have always been a 10-1/2 EE but with the new replacements that Schnee's sent me last year I wound up with a 12 because of the liner.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom