boots in october

pwrlineman

I will be hunting the first rifle season and am debating how much insulation I should look for in a new pair of boots. I prefer to avoid the added bulk of 400 or 600 grams of thinsulate, but worry about having to little. we will be hunting at 10 - 12k feet, weather permitting. Any suggestions?

I totally agree with the uninsullated to 200 gram comment. If you are going to be hiking at all, you will not need more than that... more than that will just make you sweat more. Have a good pair of socks and stick to 200 or less. If it was colder and you were sitting all day, I would say maybe go more... but I wear my 200 or less all winter while lion hunting etc, but you are constantly on the move.

http://www.livinthedream-rusty.blogspot.com/

I agree. I wear uninsulated boots that time of year, but with heavy wool or wool blend socks. The wool wicks the moisture away and keeps your feet warm. Have some gators in the event you get some snow. The gators often pay off in heavy dew mornings anyway...

Lowa tibets or hunters, depending what you are looking for. I get cold feet so I like the Lowa Hunters. They have awesome support for hauling a pack around the high country.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom