Boots: Kenetrek vs Cabela's

mulebuck

Was wondering if you guys could help me decide on which boot to purchase. I'm considering either the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme or the Cabela's Mountain Hunter. Not sure whether insulated or non.

I know the CMH's are $100 cheaper but I'm not worried about the price difference. Do you guys think the CMH's will outlast or at least stand up to the Kenetrek's? I hoping someone on here has experienced both of these boots.

Thanks

I have mendles from cabelas awesome boot & I am gonna be due for a new pair next year I too was looking at the Kenetreks they are about the same $$ as the mendles I bought & everyone seems too like them..my son bought a pair of the cab mtn hunters last year & took them back he wasnt impressed at all with them..I would buy the kenetreks hands down..check out the mendles also killer boots lite warm & excellent tread doesnt bog up in mud or snow & u dont hardly have to break em in...

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-09 AT 09:47AM (MST)[p]I have never owned the Cabela's boot so i can't say anything about that boot. However I do own a pair of insulated Kennetrek boots and I LOVE them, they are a well built boot and I would highly reccomend them.

Now as far as Insulated or uninsulated, I own a pair of Whites that I wear when it's warm and when it's cold I wear the Kennetrek. I reccomend this as well. Personally i cannot wear a insulated boot when it's 90 degrees out and I'm hiking 10 miles and I have to have a waterproof insulated boot when it's 8 degrees out like it is now.

Good luck,

Slide

My next boots most likely will be Kenetreks.
I've owned the mountain hunters. They seemed like great boots and i think they are but they ended up killing my achilles. Also the sole wore out very fast. Glued on cant be replaced.

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

I went ahead and went with the Kene Hardscrabble's. 'Mightyhunter' helped me with that decision greatly, thanks again.
I figure its a lighter boot and I can wear a heavier sock if I know its going to be really cold out. Most of the time I'm pretty active so I didn't want another insulated boot. Hopefully I won't have to break down later and buy the 10" insulated Kene's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom