Bosque Del Oso

whiteantlertip

Anybody hunted it over the past couple years for Bull Elk, how was the hunting , did you hunt 1st 2nd or 3rd . I know tags are very limited .

My brother in law is a CO resident and saved points up for I think around 20 years, finally drew a couple of years ago. He was very disappointed, don't think it is what it once was, kind of like everywhere else. I'm sure there are still some monsters in there just few and far between. GL

My nephew had the 2nd season youth tag in 2019 and killed a very mature bull that was broken up. If I had enough points, I would absolutely put in for the tag but mostly because I know that unit extremely well. It's a little weather dependent but I've seen some awesome bulls down there! The archery and muzzy hunts are not worth the points but the rifle hunts can be very good.

Lane's bull.JPG

Sure would like to have seen the one that busted him up.
Still a good bull.
Anybody hunted it over the past couple years for Bull Elk, how was the hunting , did you hunt 1st 2nd or 3rd . I know tags are very limited .
WhiteTip
Spent 2nd & 3rd season in the Bosque in 2020. Helped friend hunt deer in 2nd & picked up left over cow tag in 3rd. Got a major education. Bosque is basically a place where big old bulls move into after rutting on the surrounding private ranches to heal & rest up when the rut concludes. Cows stay on private where feed & conditions are better. 2nd season snow (24”) brought some cows into the Bosque but after snow melted they moved right back to private. Only big mature bulls seen in 2 weeks of hunting and 75-80% have busted up/broken racks. 2020 was very dry & those conditions might account for a lot of the broken antlers. Real rugged country & not a cake walk hunt. Seen 12-15 mature bulls in the 2 weeks of hunting. 2 of those 325”-340” the rest were really busted up.
PM me if more details needed.

Hoopscoach, Helped many years ago on a December cow hunt down in BDO. It’s beautiful country and great hunting. I will never be able to hunt it again, but I could see the later rifle seasons being very good this year. Preston

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom