Boulder snowpack?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
We are going down the week after Memorial day. I was wondering if anyone knows how much snow is still up there? Out of Loa around Blue, Purple and Row lakes? Are they accessible on 4 wheelers?

Traditional >>>------->

I have not heard if the snow it melted up there. If you can get up around Row, will you please grab my trail cam that I left from last september. :)

You can try calling the Loa Ranger District. 435 425 3702. I spoke with them last week and it was snowing in Loa. Up high on the mountain they still had snow drifts accross the asphalt roads and couldn't get to some camp grounds. If the areas you are trying to get to are in shaded canyons or on north slopes, could be alot of snow.
You can also try www.atvutah.com alot of the folks on there are from central utah.

I spoke with the Fishlake Lodge people yesterday to find out if the ice was off the lake yet, and if we would be able to access our cabin. They said it had snowed 18" so far and was still coming down. That is at 8,800'. So I would imagine the same would apply to the Boulder.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to call the ranger station on
Monday. I'm thinking we are going to have to post pone our trip.

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON May-21-11 AT 09:06PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/9081img_0124_.jpg

I don't think you can have the parentheses in the title "(small)". You may have to rename the photo to exclude them.

LAST EDITED ON May-22-11 AT 06:28PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/8290img0118_small.jpg

Thanks Dr you where right !!
What I was going to say. You can take your atv's up to the Boulders. You just need a set of these :)

LAST EDITED ON May-23-11 AT 01:14PM (MST)[p]That was april up seven mile. Just up hill from the dirt road. The Rzr is on top of 5 feet of snow. Down bellow the north side of the driveway has a 10 foot drift .
Dr hunter the nice thing about the tracks is they are all season. That why I was checking with the loa rangers ,I was going to put the tires back on. It's a little slow compared to a snow mobile. It only does about 30 mph tops.

Apparently there is still over 6 feet of snow @ Boulder Top, and a huge drift in the road just past Dog Lake. Trip is officially postponed!

Traditional >>>------->

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom