Bow Hunt In Utah Right Now

ARROWHNTR

I was up looking at elk this past weekend by strawberry, saw tons of muzzeloader hunters, but my question is, is there an archery hunt going on right now? (10/2/04), I saw two guys comming off the hill with bows, I am a pretty avid bowhunter and I can't think of anything that is legal to hunt with a bow right now?

Coyotes, year-round. This is the easiest time of year to get 'em with a bow.

Some shoot grouse with a bow. I know a few who have gotten some that way. Also, rabbits are in season (I think).

If you have a muzzleloader permit you can use archery equipment to take your animal... same thing with the rifle hunt you can use archery equipment to take the animal.

we do have an extened archery units here in Utah check your proc. if you are an avid Utah archer you should know about those areas.. Im not aware of E.A.U's up by strawberry though... ~G4

These guys were definatly not in the bounderies of any of the Extended Units. These guys were right off a main road, it looked like to me they saw somthing and got out of there truck to go after it (makes me think they thought they were legally hunting deer or elk but who knows?).

Trying to get his bull moose with his bow before the rifle elk/deer hunts start. Nothing arrowed yet.......... rifle comes out for this wknd.

All the moose hunts close during the ML season then start back up after. I would bet it was guys chasing grouse or small game. I have seen a ton of cottontails around this year and they would be fun to chase with a bow.

Mark

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom