Box Elder Archery

chukarhunter_nv

Hey there guys. I drew a Box Elder archery deer tag this year and it will be my first time hunting Utah. At least I get to chase something!! Anyone want to share any experiences with this area/hunt? I've hunted the Nevada side of the border, but never the Utah side. Thanks y'all!

Deer are scattered. Huge unit with quite a bit of private checkerboard stuff. Large sections of the best deer habitat is mostly private. Guessing it was a second choice unit.....? I'd stay home, it's that good.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

That's what I'm seeing from the maps...it was my 5th choice. Haha. I'll see what else I draw but I just may turn it back. Thanks for the input!

I have been in the Nevada side years ago.

I do know there is a lot of private.

Why not just hunt it and see what's there?

Why even put it on your application at all only to turn it in because it may be challenging? Isn't that the point of hunting? Challenge yourself?

Do the tag justice and go have a good time!

LAST EDITED ON May-22-19 AT 10:40PM (MST)[p]I thought I posted last night, must not have uploaded?
Anyway, pretty much what liecabucks said...
Hunt high?er?, and closer to the Idaho border. Look at your maps, should be able to figure that out?
But like liecabucks says...
Checkerboard, private landlocked areas.
Oh, and a butt load of people in the only good public access areas...
There used to be a great portion of public land you could access through an old farmers private property. But it's been bought up, converted to a CWMU!
Pretty much that's how all the good areas are now in that unit!
Still can access with a little work...
If you keep the tag, pm me, I can ?try? and help?
Good luck!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom