Box Elder help for youth

marley

Very Active Member
I booked a last minute plane for Utah to help my 13 year old nephew with his first deer hunt. He saved up his money all year and bought his first rifle for his first hunt. I grew up in northern Utah but haven't hunted it for 20 years and we always hunted in Cache Valley so this is new territory for me. I've done some google earth scouting and it seems like most of the public high country is blocked off by private. He would be ecstatic with a 2 point but he didn't even see a doe last weekend. I realize this is a general unit and I'm not expecting any secret spots. Is there public access to the top of the Raft river area. Is this a decent area that we can have a decent chance at any buck or does it get pounded? Any help from you fine fellas would be greatly appreciated.

I took my wife out there a few years ago on the second weekend. We hunted the Grouse Creek area and it had been pounded. We did see a lot of deer but the bucks had been murdered the first weekend. Lots of little bucks hanging and even a couple decent ones. I would imagine you could find a buck out there if you had a couple days. Good luck hope he gets one!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom