Boycott/ limit purchase of BH 209?

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Now that most hunting seasons are over. I find BH 209 pretty available. I found at least 5 different retailers today that have it in stock. Going rate is $70-80/ bottle

My proposal: Buy only if you really need it. If you buy, get only the amount you need in the near future.

It’s the only way we have any hope of getting the price down.

For me: I like it better than any other powder (and I have used them all) but won’t be buying any at these prices. We all have time to retool before next fall’s hunting seasons.

There are other great powders out there that we did just fine with before BH. Keep that in mind.

There Might be OK Powders Out There But None as Good as BH 209 So Far!

What I'd Like To Know For Sure is Who Is Doing The F'N GOUGING?

The Manufacturer?

The Retailer?

All Of Them?

We Do Have Some Available Locally Here!

89.99 a F'N 8 oz KEG Plus F'N Tax!

Now If That Ain't Just Highway Robbery I Ain't Never Seen It!

Here's What I've Noticed Though:

It Doesn't Matter What The Item is!

Tell a Human He Can't Have/Buy Any & They'll Prove To You Just How Damn GREEDY They Are & Pay Whatever It Takes To Get It!

This is ridiculous. I think it's both that are doing the gouging but mostly the manufacturer; but what would I know?

I thought that I was stupid buying it for $64 (that included shipping). I guess it's like everything else. You either cannot get or it has doubled in price from what you paid a few years back!

They and Walmart seem the most reasonable. However, no sportsman’s within 500 miles and no Walmarts here ever have it in stock.

I spread a remaining half jug of Blackhorn 209 all over my lawn a few years ago, due to ignition issues with it. Never will I use it again. I lost many hours, couple different breechplugs......etc..... a total waste of my time and money.

Nowadays I use real blackpowder for my sidelock and White Hots pellets for my inlines.

You Were Using BH 209 in Your SideLocks?

LMMFAO!

I spread a remaining half jug of Blackhorn 209 all over my lawn a few years ago, due to ignition issues with it. Never will I use it again. I lost many hours, couple different breechplugs......etc..... a total waste of my time and money.

Nowadays I use real blackpowder for my sidelock and White Hots pellets for my inlines.

Just saw some in Evanston wy, for $93 a bottle on the shelf, limit one per. I won’t ever shop there again.
Ha ha ha…… I know where you are talking about, at least I think I do :oops:

In all the years going there, I found one great deal! Bought a 300 win for cheap. That’s been about it!

Try Pyrodex P. Available just about everywhere for cheap and I’ve had great results from it.

I started boycotting Blackhorn 209 this year and I’m usually good for 2-3 bottles a year. Even $50 a bottle is too much for me now that they’ve dropped to an eight ounce bottle. That’s $100 per pound and people think that’s a deal.?

I’ve gone back to triple seven. It’s very accurate with similar velocities the only downside is needing to spit patch between shots and I can live with that.

Good luck with that...
Good luck with that...
obviously you’re not a member or familiar with Worldwide, Sports Inc, or NBS retail groups where you can buy direct from the Manufacturer (Hodgdon). I was a buyer for quite a while and also sold at these group buying shows.

I imagine you’re probably buying from Big Rock or some other distributor. Convenient but you’ll never get great pricing that way.

obviously you’re not a member or familiar with Worldwide, Sports Inc, or NBS retail groups where you can buy direct from the Manufacturer (Hodgdon). I was a buyer for quite a while and also sold at these group buying shows.

I imagine you’re probably buying from Big Rock or some other distributor. Convenient but you’ll never get great pricing that way.
It's a race to the bottom...

It's been available for $70.99 per 8 Oz + shipping + hazmat + tax at Powder Valley recently. You almost have to buy enough of that or other hazmat to amortize the hazmat. But looks like Hogdon finally found the price point that makes is available, $70 for 8 oz..... Gag!

It's been available for $70.99 per 8 Oz + shipping + hazmat + tax at Powder Valley recently. You almost have to buy enough of that or other hazmat to amortize the hazmat. But looks like Hogdon finally found the price point that makes is available, $70 for 8 oz..... Gag!
Problem buying any powder/reloading components today is hard to find enough of anything to help split shipping and hazmat. If you need it you must purchase when you find it.

Sportsman's in Show Low AZ. I'll be sticking to triple 7.
IMG_20230309_133217846.jpg

I am fine with the boycot. With the way our deer herds are looking, my 3 cans will take me to retirement.

Bess: I will leave whats left of them to you, in my will...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom