Boys first successful hunt

deadI

Very Active Member
I decided to try a new area this year on a recommendation of a great friend. And this year would be my 2 boys first over night hunting trip. We drove in on Wednesday afternoon and had high hopes for our opening morning.

After walking through a few areas and only seeing does we walked into a ravine and immediately spotted a deer heading up out the top. I decided to sneak ahead by my self and sure enough there were others in the same area. I spotted this guy and had told my self that the first 3 point or better buck was going to go down so that I could make sure that I had my boys enjoy the experience of a successful hunt. One shot piled him up. I was watching him through the scope to make sure he didn't get up (which he didn't) and so I put the rifle down. Immediately to my left I see his bigger brother sneaking up the draw. LOL oh well. It was about a 24 inch 3x4. That is okay though because my boys were so excited about this buck. It was the biggest buck ever for them and they loved every minute of it. Its not my biggest buck ever but it definitely is one of my most memorable ones.
12942014-10-23_10.45.17.jpg

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

Believe it or not, I remember those early days tagging along with dad and wanting him to shoot something, anything so I could touch an animal. He passed plenty but he shot many for ME in those early years.
Sorry to get reflective. Dad has been gone for 25 years last September.

You guys did well and the family hunt is a big part of what this is all about.
Congratulations from this old dog to you and the boys.
They'll always remember.

Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom