Brass ??

Lots of variables. But I size with a collet neck die, and anneal every fourth firing. I’ve got some brass that’s been loaded over ten times. Others that were only good for two before the primer pockets got loose.

I have some once fired Brass for 30-06 and 270 I am not planning on reloading, but typically I can get a at least a hand full of reloads out of them.

I size FL using a 2 die RCBS set. I annealed my factory .300 Weatherby brass after the 2nd round through and have loaded atleast 6 times afterwards with no cracking or loose primers.

Thanks for your responses guys. I’ll just pay attention to the signs. I have 300 ultra and some of those brass I’ve shot 4-5 times. Everything seams just fine on it. And I’ve recently been shooting a 28 nos and I’m just starting the second round on this brass. I was just curious if anyone had a rule of thumb they went by. Another question I guess I have is. Does reloaded brass effect accuracy?

I find fired brass, if sized correctly and annealed, produce more consistent results with proper load development.

I have some .300RUM R-P brass from 1999 that have up to 7 firings I think, and most were full power loads. Primer pockets are starting to get loose though.

I've found it all depends on how close to the edge you like to push your loads, what cartridge you are shooting and what make of brass. My 28 Nosler (Nosler brass) and some of my firings have loose primer pockets with only 2-3 firings. I've had to toss those so I don't use them for hunting. I've pushed some loads pretty fast and the 28 is notoriously hard on brass.

I find fired brass, if sized correctly and annealed, produce more consistent results with proper load development.

I have some .300RUM R-P brass from 1999 that have up to 7 firings I think, and most were full power loads. Primer pockets are starting to get loose though.
Remington brass in .300 RUM is pretty good stuff. Actually in any cartridge. I use it a lot. ADG makes great brass in lots of cartridges. Slowly getting set up with some. mtmuley

Sorry oneleg for jumping in this conversation but I am just really getting into reloading and I am wondering what is some of the best signs of brass getting unusable?

I get four or five out of my .270. I get about 8 out of my .223. I could get more but I like to get new brass more often than I need. It’s kind of a personal/mental thing for me. I can remember reloading 6mm ppc and getting over 12 reloads out of them before we chitcanned them. It was Norma brass and was one of the best batches I’ve been around. It felt so good in the press.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom