BREAKING NEWS: P&Y Policy Change on Velvet Animals

Why the change? I think it's great news but wonder what forced/created the change.

There were MANY western bowhunters who were unhappy with the way velvet antlered trophies were treated within P&Y, myself included. This has been a sore spot for many folks within the Club for years. Most just wanted them treated the same as all other animals. The Records Committee, as well as I, discussed this topic in depth and recommended the changes to the remainder of the Board, which unanimously agreed to all the changes.

Im curious how will they handle it as obviously a velvet animals will be holding more volume and stretch the tape further all around...

Im curious how will they handle it as obviously a velvet animals will be holding more volume and stretch the tape further all around...

They’re measured the same way as hard racked, just in a separate velvet category.......the Club has been accepting velvet entries for quite some time......they’ve just never been recognized the same as hard racked......so really nothing ‘new’ To the measuring game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom