Broadus Last Minute White Tail Pointers for my 10 year old??

elks96

Long Time Member
Hey all I am making last minutes plans and putting together any pointers I can get on hunting around this area. I have been Escouting and reading everything i can find.

We will be in the area the last week of November over Thanksgiving. My son is 10 years old and has the apprentice license. I have no intentions of filling my tag unless something really nice is found. However I was hoping for any updated information on the areas and what things are shaping up like.

If anyone has any starting points at please feel free to PM. Also I have always helped a ton of guys in Colorado and WY and am always willing to give out any information I have on those areas.

Lots of deer on the Powder, but most of the ground is private and leased to outfitters. There is some BLM and State and now with OnX and other mapping programs those places do not get over looked. There are also whitetail on the Custer in places but most of the Custer is better mule deer country and whitetail numbers are much lower than the river bottoms. If boy is not to picky you should be able to fill the tag.

Lots of deer on the Powder, but most of the ground is private and leased to outfitters. There is some BLM and State and now with OnX and other mapping programs those places do not get over looked. There are also whitetail on the Custer in places but most of the Custer is better mule deer country and whitetail numbers are much lower than the river bottoms. If boy is not to picky you should be able to fill the tag.
Thanks. I am not thinking we will be too picky. I am betting he lets a yearling buck walk but hammers the first 2 year old he sees. Also a good chance he will shoot a white tail doe.

good news is he can put home most adults and loves walking in to hunt so if we can find places to get away from the roads we can get away from most people it wounds like...

mid you have any other pointers just let me know.

I am one of those ranch owners and like he said alot a lot of it is private but you should be able to find spots for an easy buck for your kid.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom