Brown on the Ground

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
Went down to the North end of the Gila yesterday and found a few brown sheds. I found 7 but the porcupines and mice had already beaten me to most of them. Here are the best couple that I found. Saw six raghorns still carrying antler and four huge bodied bulls that already had dropped and had pretty thick bases started. Very dry... Post some pics guys.

LittleWahoo013.jpg

LittleWahoo019.jpg

LittleWahoo022.jpg

Wapiti, no she does not sniff out sheds. She's too birdy and too good of a bird dog for me to want to get her nose on anything but birds. Basically just getting her out as much as possible now that it is the off season. She was looking for birds the whole time I was shed hunting and luckily she flushed enough quail to keep herself intersted for the entire day. However, she did lead me to a couple of carcasses left over from this past winter but I guess that is a skill that any dog would have.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom