Buck Folding Hunter

NiceRack

Who else out there had a "Buck Folding Hunter" for their first deer?
I was 17 and shot a forked horn buck in San Diego County for my first deer. I still have the Knife and I think next season I will bring it out of retirement for my Idaho Elk hunt.
PB

Yep. Thought it was a requirement for your dad or grandpa to give you one of those. Still have mine around somewhere.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Are we talking about the Buck 110? Wood handle, brass bolsters? My dad had 1 when I was a kid and I thought it was the perfect medicine for Grizzly bears ;-)

Fixed blade with black handle and silver end cap in black leather sheath. Found it while trout fishing 35 years ago. Fish, all upland birds, deer and elk have been disassembled with that knife.

I've had one for the last 25+ years, giving to be by a friend that is no longer here. The blade is about 3/4 of what it used to be , from sharpening it. Its a solid knife. I've recently using the outdoor edge replaceable blade, but always carry the 110 to, just in case!! and to remind me of ma friend , that is no longer here...

I ve had a few of em! A little heavy for backpacking though. Been using a folding 3.5 inch bladed Gerber instead.

Been carrying one for fourty years use it dailey worn out like six of them where they got sharpened so much the blade is like half inch shorter and the tip sticks out and pokes me in the hand , skinned over 20 deer and a couple bears with them , they are a great knife !!

my dad(passed away) had one and i lost it. Just found one on craigslist, I will always take it with me on my future hunts so he is always there with me

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom