buffalo in RSA

kilbuc

Very Active Member
Hunted with Spear Safaris out of Hoedspruit, South Africa. Was a buffalo hunt for a bull up to 40". Aug-2-8.

Killed, the AM of the 3rd day. Saw over 30 mature bulls. Lots of 36-37 big boss deep curl bulls. Was picky, wanted good curl, big boss in the 38-39 inch range. Mine exceeded my expectations, right at 40". Saw 3 over 40".

Saw all the big 5 except lions, but heard them at night.
Saw a leopard during the daytime, a black rhino, a black phase giraffe. Saw several big Nyala including a classic lyre shaped one similar to Blanks(but not as long). Blanks is world class.

Great trip, more than meet my expectations. My 3rd trip with Spear Safaris and my 5th trip to Africa.

Don't know how to post a picture, I'm old, spend my time hunti ng. Hell, this site makes me register every time I want to post.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Congratulations Dan! Sounds like you and Ernest or Koos had a fantastic time. Which one did you hunt with? If you want to send me some pictures, I'll post them up (Since I'm not as old as you!)

Dan

CA..nuts.

Hunted with Earnest. Have some photos but have not downloaded onto my puter yet. Will try to get done soon.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom