Building Points

SureShot

Very Active Member
As a non-resident, do you have to buy a license to get a bonus point in Nevada? Somebody told me you just have to pay the $10 application fee, but that's not what I'm seeing on their website. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

Yeah, a guy could spend a small fortune with all of the raffle tickets. I apply for all species I can except mountain goats. I didn't buy any extras except PIW deer. Over $200. Maybe I'll get hit for another $1200.

Don P

I JUST BOUGHT A LICENSE, & APPLIED FOR ELK,DEER,SHEEP, & LOPE..............TOTAL COST $204......& HOPE TO GET HIT FOR $1200 MORE......................YD.

You guys should really consider NOT applying in Nevada. The cost is just too much. And draw odds are very long.

Now, me on the other hand, it pays to apply since I hunt chukar 20-30 times a year in Nevada so the hunting license only costs me about $5.00 a chukar hunt. And if I could get 1000-2000 guys to drop out, my draw odds would go way up. How about it, anyone want to help a guy out and quit applying for Nevada Big Game??

Thought not.

>You guys should really consider NOT
>applying in Nevada. The
>cost is just too much.
> And draw odds are
>very long.
>
>Now, me on the other hand,
>it pays to apply since
>I hunt chukar 20-30 times
>a year in Nevada so
>the hunting license only costs
>me about $5.00 a chukar
>hunt. And if I
>could get 1000-2000 guys to
>drop out, my draw odds
>would go way up.
>How about it, anyone want
>to help a guy out
>and quit applying for Nevada
>Big Game??
>
>Thought not.

He is right Idaho has much better odds and is more affordable at least thats what the Idaho residents will tell you. I only apply for Nevada because I have endless expendable income

"He is right Idaho has much better odds and is more affordable".

Yes and just think about all the wolfs you'll get to see.

Apply For Nevada, we have some of the largest elk, muleys and pronghorn any state has to offer! Just look at Randy Ulmers success and Dan Evans and all those big name people that are N.R. and apply but they have money I thought you only had to get a license if you got a tag and that is how it is for me as a resident. Only buy one if successful is the rules this year but might be different for N.R.

As a NR you have to buy the license to gain points. You can apply in the draw and choose to buy a license only if successful but you won't gain any points without buying the license.

Ya I have been watching the toad bucks Ulmer takes out of NV and actually made several archery hunts my picks there this year. Not sure if 4 points will be enough to get one. Anyone know if Randy hunts public or private there?

Member RMEF, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom