Bull at 22-27 yards Video

That is incredible....and to think that the second bull didn't wind you guys?? Great footage....thanks for posting.

He passed up much bigger but when he was done, he was done. I'm glad I was able to spend a few days with him and get to see him experience all the ups and downs of elk hunting.

A5D813C3-2C3F-4AE2-8F4E-F4F96B08CBBD.jpeg

I took this last year on my sons hunt. We were waiting for this bull to come to water and he got trigger happy and shot another bull and less than 5 min later I took this video. This bull is deceiving. I figured he was mid 370s, he was much bigger.

Unreal footage! Thanks for sharing

That video is as good as it gets to capture rutting bull elk. That big bull is something else - great character and that flyer coming off his right G4 is ??

Thanks for sharing! I assume this was Arizona? My brother drew an early archery tag in AZ for this September, so this video got me fired up!!

Cool video I can't make him that big in my mind though short main beams and tops maybe 15" of extra on top of a 335 frame

awesome video !!!

thanks sharing and tell your son congrats. his is a fine bull too and nothing more I'd love to to than get to hunt bulls and a place like that with my kids.

cheers, Pete

I took this last year on my sons hunt. We were waiting for this bull to come to water and he got trigger happy and shot another bull and less than 5 min later I took this video. This bull is deceiving. I figured he was mid 370s, he was much bigger.

Sweet video. Awesome !

I waited most of my life to experience rutting activity like that with a tag in my pocket and I have to admit I think it was worth the long wait. I have similar footage of up close bulls that rattled my soul as they sounded off in my face.
That's a big bull. Incredible video. Thanks for sharing WHT MT.

That gives me elk fever just watching and it's only the end of March!! Thanks for sharing.

To me it also goes to show a bull's bugle doesn't always match his headgear. Lots bigger than he sounds.

Wow, just wow! I could close my eyes and listen to the audio all day! Congrats to your son, fine bull! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome footage . That reminds me of my archery Elk hunt in Nevada in 2021. IMO There is Nothing better in the hunting woods than Rut crazed Bull elk doing their thing. That little scrap at the fence reminded me of when my dad would step in when my brother and I had a "disagreement " and we would throw a few at each other around him haha. Thanks for sharing and congrats to your son ?

Last edited:
Super footage! So I'm pretty sure if you were sitting there with a camera you got your son shooting his bull too? We would love to see that also.

I'd love to see the official score sheet cause there's no way on God's green earth that's a 390 bull

Wow, I need to watch that every day all summer to keep me motivated to exercise and practice shooting.

Thank you for sharing!

Here's another example on a bull I personally killed. From the wrong angle he doesn't look too good. Looks average with short beams. But he's actually 358" and has a 55" beam on the near side and 45" inside spread. Once you get the right angle it starts to add up.
unit 1 bull.JPG

unit 1 bull 2.JPG

unit 1 bull 3.JPG

Actually from what I was told he was scored 2 times(when I talked with the hunter) one time he was scored at 398” and change and the other time was 402” and change I believe. View attachment 114614View attachment 114615

This is a truly big bull. He deceived me and I know elk.
Way bigger than the video makes him look! Sounds like the doubter is having crow for dinner tonight.

No beams short tops. Has big fronts a little above average 3rds. I'll hold my ground till i see the official scoresheet

No beams short tops. Has big fronts a little above average 3rds. I'll hold my ground till i see the official scoresheet
I'm getting 391with a 40" spread and don't feel I was being unrealistic with any of the measurements. Hell he has 26" of extras on top of his 6x6 frame. I would say his only "short" point is his 5th on his left side but it's still 12-13 inches long. I think you way way under judged him.

The bull is huge and pictures are always deceiving.

Tell me this Bookhead - would you shoot the bull?
Absolutely. But do I think it's 390 absolutely not. I have seen 1 390 bull in my life though on the hoof. And held a measured several more in that ball park

Absolutely. But do I think it's 390 absolutely not. I have seen 1 390 bull in my life though on the hoof. And held a measured several more in that ball park
Good for you. Nobody really cares what you think to be honest - seems like a really weird hill to die on. There is no question the bull is a tank - does it really matter whether he is 375 or 390?

Good for you. Nobody really cares what you think to be honest - seems like a really weird hill to die on. There is no question the bull is a tank - does it really matter whether he is 375 or 390?
But everyone cares what you think? It's a public forum where people talk get over it

But everyone cares what you think? It's a public forum where people talk get over it
Nope, nobody cares what I think either, especially on the stupid score of an animal. You have made it known you don't think it scores 390, so what do you think it scores? Where are your guesses, or are you just being a Delta Bravo calling someone else out?

Nope, nobody cares what I think either, especially on the stupid score of an animal. You have made it known you don't think it scores 390, so what do you think it scores? Where are your guesses, or are you just being a Delta Bravo calling someone else out?
I already said my guess which is all it is without seeing a score sheet or being able to tape it. Looks like a 350-360 type bull to me. It really doesn't make any difference to me I was just giving my opinion on it since this is where people come to talk about this sort of thing. Also I'm not calling anyone out.

Last edited:
This is a bull i shot when I was younger. Very similar frame and tine length 330 bull.

View attachment 114688
LOL not even remotely in the same class as the bull in the video. Great bull, but that video bull has him beat just about every where.

Fronts are longer, 3rds are way longer, 4ths are way longer. Hell even his short side 5th is longer. I bet his beams are longer as well.

Guess we don't see the same things. Judge the length of points off the bulls head and ears. Looks like the fronts go to the end of the nose on both to me short tops on both and short beams on both

Last edited:
You guys are smoking some good **** if you can look at that picture and say that bull is over 390 ?

Screenshot_20230706_080518_Chrome.jpg

Compared to this one my good friend killed that is OFFICIALLY scored at 385 not even the same realm lol

Screenshot_20230706_111002_Instagram.jpg

I'm the least experienced around on scoring them and that bull isn't even close to the bull in the video. Like clearly not even close.
Well no **** im talking about the frame not the over all score pretty sure I made that clear when I said the bull in the video I guessed at 350-360

Well no **** im talking about the frame not the over all score pretty sure I made that clear when I said the bull in the video I guessed at 350-360
And I'm saying that FRAME isn't even close. I guess get us a better pic to compare so we can try to see what you are seeing. But we aren't seeing it lol

This bull is a lot closer in comparison, add some longer fronts and 3rds and 20 inches of extras and what do you get?
This bull has way longer beams and more mass and bigger tops by a long shot. This swords are the same diameter as a bugle tube

You guys are smoking some good **** if you can look at that picture and say that bull is over 390 ?

View attachment 114696
Just as you can make them look bigger from different angles you can make them look smaller too. Just because you can make it look smaller doesn't men it is.

I get a much better feel for how big the bull is from the dead pictures then I do the live ones, and that's because I have more to compare it to and reference with.

Almost as annoying as people who think they know everything, but never fail to prove otherwise.
Because I disagree on a bs score I think i know everything? OK I understand if you are a liberal but try to keep your emotions under control while the grown ups talk

Last edited:
Well now that was mean.
I'm sure you're a real nice person in person.
That being said I'm sorry about your obsession with inches.
I'm not obsessed with score like it may seem it just gets old watching animals get blown out of proportion mostly for $ but also just cause people take a few good pics and go hmm ill just call it this and people might believe it. If you like it shoot it if it wasn't as big as you thought oh well that's life

Incredible video!! Thanks for posting. It has me all jacked up for my unit 27 hunt!
Never heard a bull hiss like that ...@2:52. So cool.
That is an awesome bull, too bad the thread was hijacked!
Congrats to your son!
Jeff

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom