Bull Elk Scouting Pic Contest!

Photo contest

Founder

Founder Since 1999
What Photos Do You Think Are Best? "Like" your favorites!

In this photo contest, let's see some of your Best Bull Elk Scouting Photos. They can be regular point-n-shoot camera pics, digiscoping pics or even trail camera photos. Feel free to post up to 3-4 photos for the contest, but post them in separate posts, as only the first photo in each post shows up as a thumbnail above.
Post them to this thread and I'll let reactions (Likes) help guide me to picking the winner.
Share a little detail about the pics too! And keep in mind that big antlers and quality photos definitely help.

We'll run the photo contest for a month or so and a winner will be picked in mid to late April.
(BE SURE TO VOTE FOR WINNERS by LIKING PHOTOS)

The contest prizes for the winner will be a large European Skull Hanger and a medium angle European Skull Hanger from Dead On Display. So you'll have one to hang a big bull elk rack from and one for your big buck. These skull hanging kits are real cool, so even if you don't win, jump over to their site (https://www.deadondisplay.com) and check them out.
Thanks to the folks at Dead On Display for the hangers! They're helping to keep Monster Muleys fun to visit, so please support them.

Visit Dead On Display!!
The hangers are 100% American made and locally sourced and the company is based in Logan, Utah.
large-dead-on-display-hanger-699644_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
I watch this bull for five years. Got pictures of him for three. The first picture is his best year, the second picture is from the year earlier and the velvet picture is form the last year.
My son had the tag his best year. He was off at collage so I tried to find him.
DSCN0979.JPG
Spent at least part of 21 days looking and failed to find him. After the season he showed up. Another hunter got him during rifle season the next year.
DSCN0024.JPG
DSCN1161.JPG

DSCN0025.JPG

I had 3 extended encounters with this handsome old bull at very close range. I had him at 60 yards, twice, with an arrow nocked. He was corralling his harem of a dozen cows, running off 3 smaller bulls, tearing up trees, wallowing in the mud, and screaming his lungs out. It was an incredible experience to witness. After a terribly difficult debate with myself, I reluctantly decided to pass on him.

These photos were taken while I sat 80 yards above him with my heart pounding and the wind slightly in my favor. The second photo is of him testing the wind, a few minutes before he rounded up the girls and headed for the timber.

672E6FEF-71A4-4153-BF6E-34B5550591F0.jpeg
3C77B2E4-E786-4C17-9FF9-96590D09C98D.jpeg

This bull gave me the slip the next year. Had him coming to a cow call, but too bad for me a little five point was quicker to respond. I found the sheds form a year earlier and that year he would have netted 400 if his spread was 42 4/8.
DSCN0111.JPG

This guy was seen numerous times in one of our hayfields. Several hunters knew about him but he preferred this spot with his little buddy. He slipped by us several times during archery season but we caught up with him again on the opener of Montana's general season. His gross score is 413 3/8".
36896.jpeg

In this photo contest, let's see some of your Best Bull Elk Scouting Photos. They can be regular point-n-shoot camera pics, digiscoping pics or even trail camera photos. Feel free to post up to 3-4 photos for the contest, but post them in separate posts, as only the first photo in each post shows up as a thumbnail above.
Post them to this thread and I'll let reactions (Likes) help guide me to picking the winner.
Share a little detail about the pics too! And keep in mind that big antlers and quality photos definitely help.

We'll run the photo contest for a month or so and a winner will be picked in mid to late April.

The contest prizes for the winner will be a large European Skull Hanger and a medium angle European Skull Hanger from Dead On Display. So you'll have one to hang a big bull elk rack from and one for your big buck. These skull hanging kits are real cool, so even if you don't win, jump over to their site (https://www.deadondisplay.com) and check them out.
Thanks to the folks at Dead On Display for the hangers! They're helping to keep Monster Muleys fun to visit, so please support them.

Visit Dead On Display!!
The hangers are 100% American made and locally sourced and the company is based in Logan, Utah.

Visit Dead On Display!!

Visit Dead On Display!!
Wasatch bull

Visit Dead On Display!!

This guy was shot a couple days later and went 387 if I recall....He was in an Alberta prairie zone with an open season when I took this pic (draw tag) and the next season opened the next day. Only 3-4 tags and this bull took Alberta bull of the year that year.

IMG_3315.JPG

Last edited:
Here's some video footage from a couple years ago. There's some footage of that split beamed bull at around the 2:40 minute mark.

WINNER PICKED!!!

And the winner in this photo contest is ridgetops. This one HERE received the most likes, but many good pics and clips.
Thanks to you all for sharing the photos and video clips! Really fun to take a look at. You all have some fun stuff to enjoy.

ridgetops will receive a large European Skull Hanger and a medium angle European Skull Hanger from Dead On Display. Thank you to them for donating the prizes. Get over to their site when you have a chance and grab yourself a hanger for your next big trophy head.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom