Bull Moose

shelbys

I posted these over in the photography forum, but not sure if you guys get over there on a constant basis, so I thought I would pose the question here too.

Is this a good bull for Utah? Found him on Sunday while I was out looking for deer. Seems like a nice bull to me.

5435moose-3.jpg

8721moose.jpg

6410moose-2.jpg

2913moose-1.jpg

8721moose.jpg

He's got few points and a single brow-tine. Most tags seem to be once in a lifetime but I wouldn't shoot him opening day. Great pics!

He is a nice Moose, but not by B&C standards if that is what you meant.

Hopefully his brows fork next year and he gaines a few points as well. he does look to have very nice palms, touch short, but that will improve with age.

nice pictures.

If you harvest that bull you should be happy and proud of him.
I think the comments like "nice, not great" are about right. There are a few bigger but there are a whole bunch smaller.

If you have a bunch of time I would use him as a 2nd or 3rd choice. Hunt for a bigger one if you can but just decide how much you like tag soup! I know how hard it is to swallow! LOL

Be realistic with how much time you're willing to take.

Good luck, shoot straight. Great photos too, thanks.

Zeke

Well he is still growing! Not bad at all, but I think you can do better. Terrific pictures. I think maybe you locate him in this area in the rut and see if someone senior shows up. Also, I bet he'll taste good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom