Bullet drop compensating scope

Like the Burris Ballistic Plex, or the Leupold B&C, is that what you want to know?

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I've got a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 on my main rifle, and another on my wife's rifle, both with the ballistic plex reticle, I like them and they seem to work pretty good, I really need to get out on my range and shoot them at longer ranges though to hone the aim a bit. An uncle of mine put a Burris 4.5-14x50 (I think) on a .300 Ultra Mag, and shot it at my range out to 600 yards. And his son used it to take a take a sheep in WY a few years back at a very long range that I'm not going to specify. So I think they work, but some time needs to be spent at the range shooting at different distances to see EXACTLY where it hits at each increment.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I've got a b & c ret on a 300 short mag It seems to work pretty well with the 150 grain federals out to ranges you shouldn't be shooting at when the wind is blowing very hard.

T

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-06 AT 10:25PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-06 AT 10:23 PM (MST)

HEY,you can do your own custom bullet drop compensator.Take your current scope if it VX-III leupold,Zeiss,prefered if you have a scope with a 30mm tube but not nessary. The nessary part is that you can have a target knob installed in the elevation position.Then do some ballistics either with a chronograph or bullet drop testing at different ranges then send your in your data they will laser a custom turret for you. Cost is Approx. 70.00 dollars plus your cost of having target knob installed. Much more accurate than general drop compensator.Not all guns shoot the same load at the same velocity. It is oK maybe out to three hundred yards but after that the custom compensator is worlds better.Besides dopeing the wind is more important. WSM2

I have a B & C Leupold and its is awesome. The only scope I will buy for a hunting rifle. You have to practice with it at those ranges because the chart was wrong for my load but since I calibrated it with the included instructions I can hit a paper plate every time at 400 yards (the farthest my range goes).

Thats what I do with my scope and i am tellin you what i love it...it is really easy to do and is very accurate i have shot distances from 400-700 and can't believe how accurate it is...That is the only way i will go.

I have a b and c reticle leopold. I shoot the 150 grain feds. It is very precise with this round. In Wyoming this year I let everyone use the "Cannon" and we shot a deer at 550 yards, 425, 425, and 150 yards. I wouldn't trade it.

T

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom