Bullets online

ce61

Been trying to get some 143 eldx 6.5 bullets. Found a place called Dowdle Sports out of Tennessee, listed in stock and ship in 3 or 4 days. Week or so goes by and nothing, so I emailed them and they said 9 to 12 weeks and I could cancel if I didn't to wait. I said no leave them on backorder and ship when you get them. Now my CC bill shows up and I was already charged for them, even though they don't have them yet. Is this Normal to charge ahead of time ??

Yeah, it's legal. You bought something on back order. As they stated you can cancel your order. What wouldn't be legal is if they didn't refund your money.

Did the same thing ce61, ordered 200 375 200 grain sierra pro hunter bullets from them back on march 3rd. Said they were in stock then got the same notice you did. I did the same thing, put them on backorder. They wrote and said it would be 9 to 12 weeks.

Not a big deal to me even if they take my money, after all, I gave it, it's only 113.00 dollars. I give Colorado nearly 800.00 to hunt elk 5 days and I usually come home with just a piece of paper.;)

I guess I'll wait and see what happens. I never had a place charge me for product that they don't have in stock and aren't sure on ship times. I have enough bullets to make it through hunting season and still do a little shooting before hunting season rolls around. If you go to their website they claim to have bullets in stock and orders will ship in 3 or 4 days.....I thought I could give the members here a heads up on what is going on . ce61

You need to be careful. A lot of scams going on now on ammo and reloading supplies since it is big money at this time.
Scams will advertise a lower price under the gougers and get alot of orders and then advise you have to wait "X" amount of weeks for delivery. During those weeks while everybody is waiting, they compile a bunch of orders and payments then drop off the map with everybody's money.
Best to stay with companies that have been in business for years then take a chance with a company that you never heard of before.
RELH

Update! After waiting 15 weeks I emailed and cancelled my order. I emailed them several times about a refund and didn't hear anything back. So I contacted my CC company and they said they would take care of getting my money back. Almost 5 months.... ce61

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom