Bungee strap for tire chains

OldMxBowhunter

Never had to mess with tire chains before. What's the best size bungee strap for a 16in factory tire chain. Received chains but, won't get back home till last min. Before I load up. Trying to order bungee cords now to have them.

Thanks.

They make an actual chain tightener rubber circle with hooks if you weren't aware. I like em, they work for me.

#livelikezac

+1 on chain tighteners. Much tougher and evenly tension the chains around the whole tire

I've used the chain tighteners but prefer multiple heavy black bungees.

Hook the inside of the chains as tight as possible.

Once the chains are on, stretch 2-3 bungees across the outside of the chains, trying to evenly pull the chain tight. Drive 50 feet and tighten more as the bungees will suck the chains to the outside of the tire.

Should be Utube videos to watch.

Oh, any slack/extra chain links on the inside need to be secured to the chain with baling wire or plastic tie straps otherwise they bang on things including your brake lines.

>Sounds like it's too late, but
>the cam-lock style chains don't
>need tensioners. mtmuley

I would never run any set of chains without tensioners.

12 or so years with them. I carry tensioners, but the cams take up any slack. Mine are fit to my tires, and there are no extra links to screw with. Fast and easy. Trust me, the cam locks are the only way to go. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom