Burn my points for Deer & Antelope

DeerHunter53

Long Time Member
I could use a little help with my point issue.

We are thinking about putting in for deer in the Casper area. We also have about 7 points each for the Antelope draw.
We want to do a combination hunt so with those antelope points what zone would you guys recommend to put in for given we are going to hunt deer right after or before.
I have been holding out for area 62 or 59 but I do want to do an combination hunt with my son.

What are anyone's thoughts. We will do our scouting ourselves I don't need your honey hole just what you would do if you had the same points going into the draw

Looks like you might be able to draw 75 for antelope. Not sure if that's close enough to where you're wanting to hunt deer.

I agree with jm.
You will be hunting one of the best area's in the state.
Is it a tag you may not get again, and wished you spent more time on?
Idk,
When those 10,000 guys above 7 points unload, creep comes into play. Never mind the other 80,000 that will be over 1 point!

As to the combination. Only if you have time?
It takes the fun out of the hunt if you rush it. Imo. I'd much rather take my time with my son, and hunt one specie.
If I had a do over, I'd grab a couple doe tags, and stay in the same area.

I agree with jm.
You will be hunting one of the best area's in the state.
Is it a tag you may not get again, and wished you spent more time on?
Idk,
When those 10,000 guys above 7 points unload, creep comes into play. Never mind the other 80,000 that will be over 1 point!

As to the combination. Only if you have time?
It takes the fun out of the hunt if you rush it. Imo. I'd much rather take my time with my son, and hunt one specie.
If I had a do over, I'd grab a couple doe tags, and stay in the same area.
that's a great idea thanks yes I would like to spend the time but both of us can go for up to fourteen days at a time. we are lucky I our jobs and have time saved up.
I do like Antelope jerky though so good idea on the doe tags

Looks like you could draw: 32, 69, 72, 73, 75 Any of those should be a good hunt.
Might be able to draw these: 74, 63, 48. I doubt they are significantly any better than the top group.
I know where I would put in, but not knowing what deer unit(I'm guessing 89 or 87), I couldn't narrow it down more than that.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom