Burning Points!

Yup Buckhunter1955 I and my son are in the same boat. We will
have 24 in the next draw. Sure sounded good when we started.
My son is 36 so he might be able to wait it out if he chooses for maybe a early rifle in 61 or 76. I will try and dump mine next year
and no I was not to smart.

Yep with you also. I plan to hunt elk in 61 several times in next several years with family. I have 26, wife has 24, son has 19 and twin sons have 15 points.

Planning on putting wife in next year and use her points and get another year in the unit scouting/hunting. Been in the unit on 4 different hunts in the past and have a feel for the unit. Good luck, enjoy and make some great memories.

I burnt 25 points this year on one tag, I didn’t loose any hunts while waiting to do this hunt. The quality may not be as good as it was years past. I actually have quite a few hunts coming with 20 plus Points, I’m glad I banked them for my 60s.

Ya, but like me I bet you wish you were in your 30’s with all the great hunts ahead. Body just can’t handle the mountains and packing like it could ??

Last edited:
Yea but I had so many great hunts in my 30s,40s and50s it’s nice just coasting and knowing I have a handful of great hunts left.

Points are a fickle mistress. You are never sure when or if your party will begin or if it will be worth the wait.
I was the last person in my point pool to draw a desert sheep tag. I cursed all those years waiting, but by the time I drew, a new incredible sheep unit opened up and I cashed in with a smoker ram.
On the other hand I've been banking elk points and now I've finally drawn, all the good elk units aren't near what they used to be.
Roll the dice boys!

I'm up to a full dozen Rocky points in Utah.
What does that get me?
I'm guessing a sheep tag about 20 years after I'm dead! haha

Dove hunting has been damn good the last couple trips out.

Zeke
Like I said, you roll the dice!
Now you can hunt Eurasians all year and they are Bigger! ?

20 Points as resident for unit 10 rut Elk tag 5 years ago. Rifle hunt. Have 29 points for Sheep here. Just turned 65 , may never draw.

I’m sitting on 24 elk points here in SD for a black hills elk tag and still can’t seem to draw. After the 10 yr waiting period after drawing the tag when that day finally comes it will definitely be a once in a lifetime for me. Just crazy the demand. Good thing I throw my name in a few other states as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom