Burris Binos???

My opinion is you get what you pay for. I had a pair of burris signature select but there 600 dollars or more. they were pretty clear and used them for 5-6 years but now they almost have a haze to them. I just bought a pair of Vortex viper hd's and they are awesom but run almost 700.00. I had them side by side with sworo's and me and the sworo owner could not tell a difference, even in low light.
go to sportsmans or cabelas and try out a few pair and buy the pair that you can afford and will make you happy

Z,

If you are looking for a roof prism bino like the Burris you list, make certain they have Phase Corrected prisms. Makes a HUGE difference. Doesn't appear that this model of Burris bino is phase corrected.

This bino would be ALOT better and only a few bucks more:
http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=62168
I have seen them as low as $129 in recent months.

Here is another one, although I have never tried them, they are backed by a terrific company and are phase corrected:
http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/atlas-optics/atlas-optics-radian-10x42-binocular

I think that these are the same as the Zen Ray models that are in the same price range. They also receive good reviews.

The Vortex Diamondback and Fury is another bino that would be far superior and deals can be had on them too.

I like Burris scopes a lot. Good experiences with them. And I think the Burris Signature Select binos are a good buy for the cheddar. Don't waste your money with the Fulfields though, you will most likely be frustrated eventually.

FH

I didn't think Minox could be had for that price range. That changes everything.

Do you have much experience with them?

Z,

We bought a pair of those minox bv for a hunting buddy to say Thanks. They were really pretty nice.

I own a bd8x32br asph that is absolutely terrific. Very good optics and well built. I used to own a bd 10x42 br before the asph lens technology. They were my first good bino. I imagine that the cheaper bv is very similar, but I can't compare to know for certain.

Call Doug or Niel at Camera Land and see what they recommend. There may be an open box sample available that isnt listed on the site.

Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom