Burris Optics

Z

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-11 AT 09:30PM (MST)[p]What's ya'lls opinion on them? More specifically, their Fullfield II 10x42 binos.

I am thinking about picking up a set. What do they compare to and how clear are they. These are online and I can't find a place nearby I can go see them in person.

BTW, I wear glasses.

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with that model but my best buddy has always used Burris.

Neither of us believe his are quite the same as my Swarovski but they (more than one scope and more than one pair of binos) have served him VERY well for 30+ years. Served well means rugged, optical quality, functionality in low light and anything you'd want.

The Swarovski are superior in low light (viewing antlers or motionless animals)...and he will admit so. He's just unwilling to pay the difference.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-11 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]>I'm not familiar with that model
>but my best buddy has
>always used Burris.
>
>Neither of us believe his are
>quite the same as my
>Swarovski but they (more than
>one scope and more than
>one pair of binos) have
>served him VERY well for
>30+ years. Served well
>means rugged, optical quality, functionality
>in low light and anything
>you'd want.
>
>The Swarovski are superior in low
>light (viewing antlers or motionless
>animals)...and he will admit so.
> He's just unwilling to
>pay the difference.
>
>
>Within the shadows, go quietly.

Perfect...thats what I want to hear.

I know they aren't swaro's.....and I could never afford them. I just want some good glass that beat my barska's

i think you could look through a shower curtain and beat those barskas.jk the higher end burris are real nice,(signature select and euro). for that price i think you could do better with nikon trailblazers or a porro style binocular. i havent used the fullfield II a ton but i compared them side by side to my old nikon action 10x50's and i found them to be a bit dim and fuzzy for my liking. im sure they are a big step up from barska's though. good luck, post a review when you purchase.

Z, i've been hunting with a near top of the line Leupold set of 10x's and i still have been looking for something better but simply can not afford the better glass at today's prices. As for Burris, i love my signature series variable scope and need to look no further.

Recently, within the last 6 months, i have shopped on e-bay for their vintage Zeiss binocular listings. i have bought a hardly ever used pair of 6x30's and a near mint pair of 8x30W(wide angle). Both pair were under $150. shipped and they are way clearer and simply a much better quality glass than my 6 yr old $500. Leupold's.

Just saying, it may be a way for you to go too!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>Z, i've been hunting with a
>near top of the line
>Leupold set of 10x's and
>i still have been looking
>for something better but simply
>can not afford the better
>glass at today's prices. As
>for Burris, i love my
>signature series variable scope and
>need to look no further.
>
>
>Recently, within the last 6 months,
>i have shopped on e-bay
>for their vintage Zeiss binocular
>listings. i have bought a
>hardly ever used pair of
>6x30's and a near mint
>pair of 8x30W(wide angle). Both
>pair were under $150. shipped
>and they are way clearer
>and simply a much better
>quality glass than my 6
>yr old $500. Leupold's.
>
>Just saying, it may be a
>way for you to go
>too!
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Hmm....really? What am I looking for?

You said, "Hmm....really? What am I looking for? "

Well if you want to be a smart ass, the hell with you. If you are looking for a great quality field glass at a reasonable price, way better than some POS Bak4 new glass like what you posted, my suggestion was another option.

Me thinks you'd rather be the smart-azz though so see sentence #1!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>
>
>You said, "Hmm....really? What am I
>looking for? "
>
>
>Well if you want to be
>a smart ass, the hell
>with you. If you are
>looking for a great quality
>field glass at a reasonable
>price, way better than some
>POS Bak4 new glass like
>what you posted, my suggestion
>was another option.
>
>Me thinks you'd rather be the
>smart-azz though so see sentence
>#1!
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

What the ##### is your problem dude???!!!

I was asking what do I look for on eBay. How old of a pair and what design, etc.

Fair enough! here is a search that i just did. I see a nice clean pair of 6x listed fairly cheap, great glass, but i bought mine because i live and hunt in timber country. A lot of my glassing is for up close stuff and 6x are good for that. I don't see too much in the way of listings right now that i'd be interested in. Some weeks are better than others.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...r&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=3&_sc=1

Joey

After a ton of research, testing and reviewing, I put together a list of the best binoculars for hunting broke down into price ranges. You can take a look at it if you want. [a href="http://www.bestforhunting.com/best-binoculars-for-hunting"]Best Binoculars for Hunting[/a] I did not put any Burris Binoculars on there, but most binoculars in similar price ranges are of similar quality. You truly get what you pay for, but you are probably not going to spot anymore game with $2000 Swarovskis that you would not have with a good set of Burris.

Personally, I think the best value out there right now is the Vortex Talon HD at $450. They aren't luxurious like the high dollar binoculars, but they are very clear and comfortable, with one of the largest field of view (348ft @ 1000yrd)available. I did a field test and review that you can see at that link as well.

As for wearing glasses; most quality binoculars offer plenty of eye relief these days for use with glasses.

i have burris signature select., love them. i all so have vortex viper hd both are well worth the money,,,

I think Burris' customer service sucks. I have a set of Burris Signature Binos. After having a good customer experience with a year ot two ago, this last one was poor. I advised a guy in customer service on my damage and what happened. He stated that would be covered by their forever warranty. Sent them in and another guy later said we don't have the part and we're not covering the damage. I wrote their idiot GM in Greeley and never even got a reply. Last time I buy Burris or their junk...

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-11 AT 11:47AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-11 AT 11:47?AM (MST)

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bush...ne+collector&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

These are the ones I was going to originally buy. I found them for way cheaper and have actually played with them in person. They are pretty clear and nice.

But if I can buy a good quality set like the Burris, then I will. But seeing as I can't see them in person, I want to make sure they are good.

I am on a budget, so trying to find the best sales with quality is what its all about :)

I've got some of the bushnells and they are not 4 yrs old yet and they are beginning to cloud up when you look through them. I just have not had much luck with any bushnell products yet. A friend of mine has the burris fullfield scopes and he is more than pleased with them. Actually talked with him about his burris optics this morning while out hunting. I think for the money the burris binos you mention earlier is one heck of a deal and wouldn't hesitate one bit to pull the trigger on the purchase.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Z,

FWIW, my friend had a pair of Burris 8X42s and his wife had something cheaper. She was always stealing his Burris binos when he wasn't looking so she decided to get him a better pair. She figured she could inherit the Burris glasses. She had a budget of around $700 so I directed her to a pair of Leupold Gold ring 10x42s. This year when we went hunting she was always nabbing his Leupolds every time he put them down. :)

Depends on what your budget is. I'd look at the Nikon Monarchs, Vortex, Leupold, Burris and see what suits you best.

In response to a couple comments above I wouldn't consider 6X adequate for anything but the opera. Oh, and any time I have jumped someone's ass and told them to go to hell I have apologized if I was wrong.

I bought a Burris spotting scope on sale last year, it was about $200, and it works great. I feel it was worth the money.

I have a couple of Burris riflescopes that are just fine, but they are old and I think better made than the modern stuff.

That said, allow me to continue. You should take a look at Brunton binos.

They have done a complete retro on all their binos and they are exceptional. I have Swaros, but the Bruntons' that were sent to me as demos, have almost the same quality.....especially in the eye relief area. They suffer some in low light conditions, but are all around, VERY impressive.

By the way, I wear glasses also, but I never use them looking thru optics or cameras. You get about 60% efficiency if you use them together.

Practice taking your glasses off.....get a "librarian" leash for them.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Bruntons are way overpriced for what they are. There are much better values out there than Brunton. When the Brunton dealer called on me I compared their top end $1,000+ binos side by side to others. A pair of $200 brownings were much clearer and brighter.

Check out the zen rays as well. For the money those ED's are very clear, about $300. I have a pair and they are hard to believe for the price.

>Z,
>
>FWIW, my friend had a pair
>of Burris 8X42s and his
>wife had something cheaper. She
>was always stealing his Burris
>binos when he wasn't looking
>so she decided to get
>him a better pair. She
>figured she could inherit the
>Burris glasses. She had a
>budget of around $700 so
>I directed her to a
>pair of Leupold Gold ring
>10x42s. This year when we
>went hunting she was always
>nabbing his Leupolds every time
>he put them down. :)
>
>
>Depends on what your budget is.
>I'd look at the Nikon
>Monarchs, Vortex, Leupold, Burris and
>see what suits you best.
>
>
>In response to a couple comments
>above I wouldn't consider 6X
>adequate for anything but the
>opera. Oh, and any time
>I have jumped someone's ass
>and told them to go
>to hell I have apologized
>if I was wrong.

You ever been wrong NVB?

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-11 AT 08:26PM (MST)[p]>STTM. I know a woman that
>thinks I'm always wrong.

Don't we all have one of those??? :)

Thanks guys!

Still looking.....I'm thinking Minox now. I can't make up my mind.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom