Bush Owes Us an Apology

T

TFinalshot

How timely!

Bush Owes Us an Apology
By Keith Olbermann
MSNBC Countdown

Monday 18 September 2006

The President of the United States owes this country an apology.

It will not be offered, of course.

He does not realize its necessity.

There are now none around him who would tell him or could.

The last of them, it appears, was the very man whose letter provoked the President into the conduct, for which the apology is essential.

An apology is this President's only hope of regaining the slightest measure of confidence, of what has been, for nearly two years, a clear majority of his people.

Not "confidence" in his policies nor in his designs nor even in something as narrowly focused as which vision of torture shall prevail - his, or that of the man who has sent him into apoplexy, Colin Powell.

In a larger sense, the President needs to regain our confidence, that he has some basic understanding of what this country represents - of what it must maintain if we are to defeat not only terrorists, but if we are also to defeat what is ever more increasingly apparent, as an attempt to re-define the way we live here, and what we mean, when we say the word "freedom."

Because it is evident now that, if not its architect, this President intends to be the contractor, for this narrowing of the definition of freedom.

The President revealed this last Friday, as he fairly spat through his teeth, words of unrestrained fury directed at the man who was once the very symbol of his administration, who was once an ambassador from this administration to its critics, as he had once been an ambassador from the military to its critics.

The former Secretary of State, Mr. Powell, had written, simply and candidly and without anger, that "the world is beginning to doubt the moral basis of our fight against terrorism."

This President's response included not merely what is apparently the Presidential equivalent of threatening to hold one's breath, but within it contained one particularly chilling phrase.

"Mr. President, former Secretary of State Colin Powell says the world is beginning to doubt the moral basis of our fight against terrorism," he was asked by a reporter. "If a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and former secretary of state feels this way, don't you think that Americans and the rest of the world are beginning to wonder whether you're following a flawed strategy?"

"If there's any comparison between the compassion and decency of the American people and the terrorist tactics of extremists, it's flawed logic," Bush said. "It's just - I simply can't accept that. It's unacceptable to think that there's any kind of comparison between the behavior of the United States of America and the action of Islamic extremists who kill innocent women and children to achieve an objective.

Of course it's acceptable to think that there's "any kind of comparison."

And in this particular debate, it is not only acceptable, it is obviously necessary, even if Mr. Powell never made the comparison in his letter.

Some will think that our actions at Abu Ghraib, or in Guantanamo, or in secret prisons in Eastern Europe, are all too comparable to the actions of the extremists.

Some will think that there is no similarity, or, if there is one, it is to the slightest and most unavoidable of degrees.

What all of us will agree on, is that we have the right - we have the duty - to think about the comparison.

And, most importantly, that the other guy, whose opinion about this we cannot fathom, has exactly the same right as we do: to think - and say - what his mind and his heart and his conscience tell him, is right.

All of us agree about that.

Except, it seems, this President.

With increasing rage, he and his administration have begun to tell us, we are not permitted to disagree with them, that we cannot be right, that Colin Powell cannot be right.

And then there was that one, most awful phrase.

In four simple words last Friday, the President brought into sharp focus what has been only vaguely clear these past five-and-a-half years - the way the terrain at night is perceptible only during an angry flash of lightning, and then, a second later, all again is dark.

"It's unacceptable to think," he said.

It is never unacceptable to think.

And when a President says thinking is unacceptable, even on one topic, even in the heat of the moment, even in the turning of a phrase extracted from its context, he takes us toward a new and fearful path - one heretofore the realm of science fiction authors and apocalyptic visionaries.

That flash of lightning freezes at the distant horizon, and we can just make out a world in which authority can actually suggest it has become unacceptable to think.

Thus the lightning flash reveals not merely a President we have already seen, the one who believes he has a monopoly on current truth.

It now shows us a President who has decided that of all our commanders-in-chief, ever, he alone has had the knowledge necessary to alter and re-shape our inalienable rights.

This is a frightening, and a dangerous, delusion, Mr. President.

If Mr. Powell's letter - cautionary, concerned, predominantly supportive - can induce from you such wrath and such intolerance, what would you say were this statement to be shouted to you by a reporter, or written to you by a colleague?

"Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government."

Those incendiary thoughts came, of course, from a prior holder of your job, Mr. Bush.

They were the words of Thomas Jefferson.

He put them in the Declaration of Independence.

Mr. Bush, what would you say to something that anti-thetical to the status quo just now?

Would you call it "unacceptable" for Jefferson to think such things, or to write them?

Between your confidence in your infallibility, sir, and your demonizing of dissent, and now these rages better suited to a thwarted three-year old, you have left the unnerving sense of a White House coming unglued - a chilling suspicion that perhaps we have not seen the peak of the anger; that we can no longer forecast what next will be said to, or about, anyone who disagrees.

Or what will next be done to them.

On this newscast last Friday night, Constitiutional law Professor Jonathan Turley of George Washington University, suggested that at some point in the near future some of the "detainees" transferred from secret CIA cells to Guantanamo, will finally get to tell the Red Cross that they have indeed been tortured.

Thus the debate over the Geneva Conventions, might not be about further interrogations of detainees, but about those already conducted, and the possible liability of the administration, for them.

That, certainly, could explain Mr. Bush's fury.

That, at this point, is speculative.

But at least it provides an alternative possibility as to why the President's words were at such variance from the entire history of this country.

For, there needs to be some other explanation, Mr. Bush, than that you truly believe we should live in a United States of America in which a thought is unacceptable.

There needs to be a delegation of responsible leaders - Republicans or otherwise - who can sit you down as Barry Goldwater and Hugh Scott once sat Richard Nixon down - and explain the reality of the situation you have created.

There needs to be an apology from the President of the United States.

And more than one.

But, Mr. Bush, the others - for warnings unheeded five years ago, for war unjustified four years ago, for battle unprepared three years ago - they are not weighted with the urgency and necessity of this one.

We must know that, to you, thought with which you disagree - and even voice with which you disagree and even action with which you disagree - are still sacrosanct to you.

The philosopher Voltaire once insisted to another author, "I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write." Since the nation's birth, Mr. Bush, we have misquoted and even embellished that statement, but we have served ourselves well, by subscribing to its essence.

Oddly, there are other words of Voltaire's that are more pertinent still, just now.

"Think for yourselves," he wrote, "and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."

Apologize, sir, for even hinting at an America where a few have that privilege to think and the rest of us get yelled at by the President.

Anything else, Mr. Bush, is truly unacceptable.

Good article, it will be interesting to see how many Bush supporters will say he knows what's best for us and leave him alone, things like the Constitution and Geneva convention should be changed at will if such a competent president sees fit . like the guy or not you have to give him credit for drawing an almost cult like following even though he's been wrong on most everything since he took office. as he gets more desperate he gets more rattled and should refrain from speaking in public whenever possible.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-06 AT 09:08AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-06 AT 08:54 AM (MST)

Huntindude, I agree with you. . .

He, (bush) just broke your rule, he's blabbing his mouth off in national TV as we speak.

The French said, "we (the french) see eye to eye on Iran."

Now that's funny chit since we just went through a period of the administration calling the french cowards. . . Does this mean now that we can call freedom fries, french fries again?

The USA sees eye-to-eye but then you find out our policy is completely inconsistant with the French, you'd think the vetrilaquist would at least try to make Bushes mouth move correctly - maybe Bush was caught speaking his own mind for a change. . . Bush should have pointed out that the USA wants to drop bombs, not talk this over. Heck, we are not even at the table with Iran instead we ask the french, china, and others to do our talking - bush wants them to tell Iran to stop the nuke program and we (the USA) will talk - That's about the dumbest policy I've ever heard.

We sat down with the ruskies for 25 years! Now Bush wants to tell them "we wont talk till you stop."

Then he (bush) thinks thats called diplomancy. Very Funny Chit. . .

Flip Flopper! I smell a flip flopper.

I'll give bush one thing, he looks at the poles, otherwise we would already be bombing Iran. . .

Yea I saw this on Olberman last night. He is a definate hater with out a doubt.
Bush will get what he needs in a compromise. It will be best for the country.
Come on the convention says "name rank and serial number" terrorist aint got none of that.
Look sleep deprevation is not torture either and under the Convention the interigators could be prosecuted for that. Give me a break.
I can not understand why they decided to let these terrorist get Gineva Convention protection? Terrorist do not fall under the description for protection under the Convention.

Don't fret guys I am sure Bush is working on an oppology just for you :)

"I can not understand why they decided to let these terrorist get Gineva Convention protection? Terrorist do not fall under the description for protection under the Convention."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, maybe because the conservative Supreme court said they had too? Just a thought. . .

bush got the raw end of every other president not doing anything to improve relations with other countries and turning the other cheek when it comes to foreign policy. Things would be much different and people would love Bush had it not been for the difficult decisions he has been forced to make because of 9/11. He makes mistakes and does some stupid things but the world really doesn't help him out much, Iran, Venezuela, North Korea and all the other wacko countries out not to mention the large amount of Arabs that hate us, doesn't make things easy to play nice always. I say based on the crap and bad luck he's had in office, he's doing pretty good. At least the stains in the oval office aren't there anymore.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-06 AT 10:05AM (MST)[p]TFinal,

You truly are an inspiration to all liberals. Not once have I ever heard you mention a Clinton shortcoming.

Come on not the blame Clinton thing again. keep in mind we have WAY more people hate us now since Bush took the office than when Clinton was president . a world poll last week says 64% of the world population thinks Bush is a bigger threat to world peace than Al Quida, I wonder why he has trouble getting world support?

Only the left cares about what the world thinks.

Huntindude didn't you just watch Path to 911? The truth about the Clinton admin was shameful................

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-06 AT 10:15AM (MST)[p]Thats funny. Many on the "right" like to say "well, were in iraq now, so it does not matter how we got there, we must win."

So, taking a page from your ideology, I'd say this,

"Well it don't matter what happened during Clinton, we still have to win."

If the arguments for how bush and cheney got us into this war are irrelevant, tell me how it is that anything that Clinton did as any meaning at all?

Please, explain your logic to me, help me see the light.

Path to 911, the truth? even the writer said is was fiction . if you think that show was real watch Star Trek and you'll see that the Clingon's are the real enemy the liberal media dosen't want you to know about. that show made Michael Moore look like certified historian .

"Only the left cares about what the world thinks."

I completely agree. . . I Could not have said it better myself.

Now apply your ideology to bush claiming that we need to use diplomacy and get the rest of the world to help us convince Iran to stop it's nuke program. So, is Bush on the left?

Take words out of context and portray them to mean something else. That's the strategy of the left. Typical

hey FX if youre talking about my last post, I cited the entire quote, the meaning of which is therefore left up to reader to interpret. . . It is completely within the context in which it was deliverd, to the extreem, in that I used the entire quote. . .

Please explain what is meant by taken out of context -

If ever things are take out of context, the neithor the left or the right has a monopoly on that tactic!

TFinal,

Really, you should be spending more time "Moderating" your forum. When you use use words like "please explain"; asking me for better clarification is only asking me to argue with you some more.

I am not going to do it! I am not going to say that most liberals as your self are narrow minded. I am not going to say that everytime theres a word crisis, Bush is to blame.

Do you really think I can say anything to change your opinion?

One more thing, I am not going to tell you Bush has made mistakes but better him than Clinton. But I won't comment on Clinton since what he did or didn't do is in the past.

BTW, I really like your photography.

Why is it that anyone that has an opinion that runs contrary to the President's is thought to be "of the left" or "liberal"? No disrespect for the office but who made him the all-knowing king of these United States? I've always considered myself a conservative but there's very little that is conservative about the president. He may speak of conservative ideas because lip service is free. He's spending money on his agenda in a very hap-hazard manner and we're the ones who will pay for it. He has surrounded himself with some very qualified people (and he should because his resume sucks) but as soon as they say anything that runs contrary to his agenda, they are labeled "a disgruntled liberal sympathizer" and put out to pasture.
Furthermore it's foolhardy to ask what the democrats/liberals would do with regard to Iraq. Who cares! There's no good answer at this point. We were told that we were invading Iraq to find weapons of mass destruction and we didn't. I held out hope for a VERY long time on that one. Now we're being told that it was to liberate the people of Iraq. If we're in the business of liberating oppressed people then where is this going to stop? There are oppressed people all over the globe. They die by the hundreds if not thousands daily in third world countries and we don't do anything about that (not that I honestly give a darn about them either).
Back to my point. I'm not a liberal. I would guess that very few people who visit this site regularly would consider themselves liberal. I've always considered myself a conservative and my opinion about what's going on today definitely runs contrary to what the white house thinks.
If you label everyone with an opinion unlike Bush's opinion a liberal then you will alienate allot of middle of the road conservatives out there for no good reason other than the fact that YOU may be to scared to THINK about what's going on here yourselves.
It's a lot easier to borrow someone else?s opinion on issues as critical as this than to form your own.
AM
ps.
Tony I really enjoy alot of your photos too.

The fundamental flaw in your logic is that Iraq matters or that the Geneva convention is a big deal. Iraq is just a convenient place to attract the worst of the worst so we can kill them. Go ahead and try placating these lunatics and they will hand you your head. I don't care about Bush, Clinton, Powell or the rest of our politicians. We are all going to get a nasty wakeup call and playing fair will become a low priority. Survival will dictate a unified reaction and the partisan quibbling will disappear.

Answermonkey,

You truly do have all the answers. Its funny you say people get labeled as "liberal", heck I was labeled as "leaning to the right" and "borrowing someone else's opinion".

I appreciate your help!

Answermonkey nailed it.

Woodruff,

You mentioned not mentioning that liberals are narrow minded. Try looking up liberal in the dictionary.

>hey FX if youre talking about
>my last post, I cited
>the entire quote, the meaning
>of which is therefore left
>up to reader to interpret.
>. . It is
>completely within the context in
>which it was deliverd, to
>the extreem, in that I
>used the entire quote. .
>.
>
>Please explain what is meant by
>taken out of context -
>
>
>If ever things are take out
>of context, the neithor the

Actually when you referenced it after putting all that stuff in there, you wrote just those four words and even stated "In four simple words last Friday, the President brought into sharp focus what has been only vaguely clear these past five-and-a-half years - the way the terrain at night is perceptible only during an angry flash of lightning, and then, a second later, all again is dark.

"It's unacceptable to think," he said."

Now that is taking it all out of context

>left or the right has
>a monopoly on that tactic!
>

Answermonkey,
Your right on the money, if you doubt Bush you're a unpatriotic USA hating liberal hippie coward. that's how this administration has kept people in line as long as they have, remember it's "unacceptable to think".

>Answermonkey,
> Your right on the money,
>if you doubt Bush you're
>a unpatriotic USA hating liberal
>hippie coward. that's how this
>administration has kept people in
>line as long as they
>have, remember it's "unacceptable to
>think".

there you go taking stuff out of context too.

Where did you hear the dems say cut and run? the plan I read was pull back and let the Iraq's handle their own government and if things get out of hand ( worse than they are) step back in until things are back to bad again. that's a worse plan than digging moats around Bagdad and digging in for the next 1000 years? as much as I hate to say it we either let them sort it out or let BOBCAT nuke them, to think everything will come out rosie over there with what we're doing is just stupid.

Dude,

I don't recall anyone on here saying things are going to turn out Rosie over there. I've told you all along that a democratic government as we see it, is impossible over there. However, a democratic government is possible to the extent that the people want it and most of them do. It's the extreme fundamentalists that don't. The moderate, peaceful people, of which there are millions in Iraq, want to govern themselves.
If we exit now, just to go back to fix it again when it turns bad, we will spend billions more than if we just stayed and did it the first time. To do otherwise is just stupid. We are over there now fixing an issue that could have been fixed back in 1991 had we continued and taken Saddam out then.
We need to help them set up a larger Army and security and then pull out. They have more control of their own country now than they did a year ago. A year from now they will have even more control. Let's move out after they are better trained and able. Then if they get their butts kicked later, well at least we did the right thing and tried hard rather than giving up on them in the middle of the work.

wow huntfx4 that's about one of the most unconservative priciples I've ever heard. Let me get this straight - youre suggesting we continue to supply welfair to another country - wow, I'd say that's about as liberal a concept as there can be. In addition, you said,

"We need to help them set up a larger Army and security and then pull out."

So, again, I'd like to get things staight. If we continue to help them build an army, dont you think they will use it against us, just like every other army we've help build? It's insane to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results each time. . .

Maybe i'm little rusty in my history, but what Army are you talking about that we had to fight later after we built it? They don't have the ability to use an Army against us. They could never reach our shores.

Why call it welfare? If you are going to do something do it right the first time so we don't have to go back. It's not about being conservative or otherwise. I'm a career military man and don't like fighting wars anymore than I have to. But since we did this lets finish it right. A lot of the money comes from their own economy to pay and equip their Army. Their security depends on it, and it would be good to have another Ally in the arena there.

So TF, and HUNTINDUDE,
What is your plan for Iraq? Can you please post the Democrats plan?
Typical stuff...All is bad, we have no solution or proposal, but all is sure bad.
The Globe is Warming, we are at war against terrorist that attacked us 5 years ago, the sky is falling...yada yada yada.
Man you guys wear me out, complaint without solutions just what we need.
Again, please post the Plan you are supportive of.

The left will only say "We will do it smarter" "George Bush is a moron" "Get Bush out cause we hate his living guts and get us Dems in and just wait and see us do it smarter" "Cut, run, surrender"

They have no plan only critisism of the current admin and hatred for Bush.

Can you imagine Nancy Pelosi as Speaker. Impeachment here we come right in the middle of a war. Wow the left is truly patriotic.

"Maybe i'm little rusty in my history, but what Army are you talking about that we had to fight later after we built it? They don't have the ability to use an Army against us. They could never reach our shores."

you have to be kidding me. IF THEY CANT REACH OUR SHORES WHY THE HELL ARE WE OVER THERE! THAT'S GO TO BE THE MOST HONEST REPLY I'VE EVER READ. You spilled the beans my fried. Your colors are showing.

Now, I'm grateful for your service to the country, but pleast tell me youre kidding . . .

the USA built the modern warfare of the middle east. Did you miss your warfare history classes or what. Do you know anything about Afganastan, Iran, or Packistan - I'm sure youre aware that the USA trained and armed the Taliban - right?

I hope your not serious. . .

Helping someone by providing arms and what little training we did provide, is NOT same as building an Army. We helped the rebels kick our enemy's butt, by providing the tools to do so. That was your friend Jimmy Carter that did that. Back then I don't believe anyone understood the extent of Muslim Extremism. Today we do. It was extremists that turned against us, not an Army, but an insurgency. If they were so well trained by us, how is it they ran so fast when we came to get them? They ran so fast they about burned the soles off their shoes.

You can try to turn my former words into something bad, but that's just your way of taking stuff out of context. Should the need arise in a few years to go back over there and fight the Army we built, then so be it. They still won't have the capability to kick our butt. That is the point.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-06 AT 02:54PM (MST)[p]Oh, I'm sorry I did not relize that we were splitting hairs.

Were getting our butts kicked right now! You think what's going on now in Iraq is called "winning?" I dont call it winning. . . If it were winning, why are there now 10 times the number of people willing to kill americans than there was in 2001?

you forgot Nixon, Regan, Bush, and Clinton. . .

I call the progress we are making everyday in Iraq that you don't hear about because of the leftist media's one sided reporting, "winning". Having spent over a year total in Iraq on two separate deployments I see this with my own eyes.

Your number of people willing to kill Americans is subjective.
Again, it is EXTREMISTS, not your everyday Muslims that are coming against us. The extremists have been around since before 2001. These people have no sense of humanity, and could care less about their own people if they don't buy into the extremist view.

This is just another example of Olberman's pseudo-intellectual rants and is nothing more than journalistic hair-splitting. NOW I am not defending Bush by saying this. I am just looking at the argument and the conversations that took place and putting them back in what I see as the correct order. First, the reporter deliberately took Colin Powell's original words out of context to bait Bush into an argument. Bush's response was directed to the reporter - NOT COLIN POWELL. Olberman has only complicated the matter more by taking Bush's response out of its context to further his own (and I will say it again) pseudo-intellectual liberal agenda. The truth of the matter is that Olberman is a SPORTSCASTER turned journalist - not a journalist who did sports for a while as he would have you to believe. His disdain for Bush goes back to when Bush was the owner of the Texas Rangers and he learned to treat the press the way he does now. He pissed Olberman off then and he can't get it out of his craw. Again - I am not arguing for Bush, I am just saying that Olberman's article is not on the level playing ground he would make it seem to be on. He needs to go back to the Sports Desk where he belongs.

And guess what folks - FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THIS COUNTRY DESPITE WHAT OLBERMAN SAYS! Anybody can think and say anything they want. Never at any time has Bush or anyone in his administration been able to stop the press from saying what they want or directing political discourse like some pundits would like you to believe. The very fact that they are able to talk about it belies their own argument against it! Case in point - the two most vile and oppressive leaders in the world walked right in to New York City this very week and called the United States and its people evil! Chavez called Bush the devil - and guess what - HE WALKED BACK OUT OF THE COUNTRY A FREE MAN - A CONSIDERATION HE DOES NOT EXTEND TO THOSE OF HIS OWN COUNTRY!!! The same thing happend with Ahmadinejad! Do you think that he would allow Bush or you or I to say comparable things in Iran and then let us walk right out again? How many "Campfire Forums" do you think there are in Iran or Venezuela?

ROY

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-06 AT 09:05AM (MST)[p]hey Roy, thanks, I almost always agree with you. However, on this issue,

"Never at any time has Bush or anyone in his administration been able to stop the press from saying what they want or directing political discourse like some pundits would like you to believe."

I must dissagree. They control the information flow from the government. . . And you had better step in line with their views.

I worked under this Bush administraion in WA DC (you heard of the Cheney Energy Policy - I worked on it). I also worked in the Clinton era, in WA DC for the Administratior of the US EPA.

When Bush came in, it was hush hush, shut up, dont talk and only information vetted through cheneys staff would be made public.

You are 100% incorrect in this issue. I was in it, it was horrible, and the main reason I left my highpaying, government job!

Am I the only one who thinks it was childish of Bush to avoid Iran's leader ? they even made sure they didn't get close to each other like kids on a playground. I'm sure there's some political reason for this but when you have the leader of a country you want to bomb sitting a hundred feet from you and you refuse to talk to him in a civil manor as he would like to do gives me less respect for Bush than I already have. I'm not saying they would have worked it out and then had a beer together but personal contact can do wonders sometimes and what could it hurt? I know why Bush refused to debate him a few months ago, well anyone who's ever seen Bush speak knows that but why not talk to him when he's here? .

TFinal - I see your point and I don't doubt you at all. But the point I am trying to make is that the power of free speech still lies with the people. Though the administration would like to never be ctiticized at all - they cannot and have not effectively stopped the criticism from coming. That's why Bush's approval rating has been in the low 30's and 40's for the last two years. And here's why I think that it is healthy for the nation.

First off every administration tries to control what comes out of their administration, as you have experienced with the Bush administrated government. Some are just better at it than others. Under the cloak of loyalty it is tabu and even on the verge of criminal in some cases to question your employer and leader. Every major corporation (and university - try to get tenure in some places with opposing views of that of the department head) is the same way. They call it running a tight ship. I am sure the Bush administration tries to control the flow of information from within and withholds many many truths and facts from the American public - they really only give us the information they want us to hear. But that is no different than what every presidential administration has ever done. George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were probably the biggest culprits all - even imprisoning some journalists and critics during the Revolution and Civil Wars respectively under the guise of "protecting national security" (sound familiar?). Some of the more modern culprits along with these two pillars of Mt. Rushmore are Roosevelt (He would call anyone who disagreed with him an idiot - "Bully for you!"),Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson (he would just send you to Viet Nam) Nixon, Reagan, Carter, Bush Sr. and Clinton (whose administration perfected the term "spindoctor") But - this is very different from free speech in a public setting. While they try to control the information the public has access too - they still can't control the press or political discourse. Again- if they could, Bush's approval ratings would be a lot higher! They may ultimately try to steer it or direct it, but the very fact that debates, or criticism of the president exist is because free speech exists, and they cannot ultimately control that.

In fact the more control a president seems to wield, the more vocal the people are, and the more likely they are to change the way they vote and make the changes they want. That is why it is healthy. We have the opportunity in the next two months to change our government again, and then we only have to endure or enjoy (however you may see it) two more years of the Bush administration and we can begin again to decide that we are happy or unhappy with our leadership, and voice our opinions appropriately and be thankful that we can.

ROY

Geez, we have wayyyyyyyyy too many sorry a$$ liberal democratic Clinton lovers here!! Hell, next you'll be bashing the second amendment. PC

This administration has effectively overturned whistleblower legislation in order to capitalize on it's insistence on complete control over information - this administration is the most secretive this country has ever encountered. . .

Actually PC - I think we should all have guns - except for those with excessive drinking reputations err... problems. :p

ROY

Paul, are you serious?? Have you truly not heard of the future plans to do away with the Constitution in favor of a Parliamentary Governing system under the N American Union? If you think that Constitutional rights are going to be protected by the Right side you might want to do a little more research..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom