Bush Should Strip Sanctuary Cities of Federal Funds

overton

Long Time Member
Bush Should Strip Sanctuary Cities of Federal Funds

Friday, July 25, 2008 9:25 AM

By: Michael Reagan Article Font Size

Three good men are dead thanks largely to San Francisco?s outrageous sanctuary-city policy, which forbids city authorities from notifying federal immigration authorities when they arrest illegal aliens for crimes they commit, and it's time for President Bush to crack down on all the cities in the United States that follow this absurd policy.

On June 22, Anthony Bologna and his sons Michael and Matthew were shot to death by Edwin Ramos, 21, after a brief traffic incident when Anthony Bologna allegedly briefly blocked Ramos' car from making a left turn, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Ramos, an alleged member of the vicious the Mara Salvatrucha gang, known as MS-13, should never have been around to kill the three men, and wouldn't have been ? were not for the city?s sanctuary-city policy. Ramos, an illegal immigrant, was found guilty of committing two felonies when he was 17 ? involving a gang-related assault of a Municipal Railway passenger and the attempted robbery of a pregnant woman, yet was never surrendered by the city?s juvenile justice authorities to federal officials for possible deportation as required by federal law.

Ramos was taken to juvenile hall on charges of assault and participating in a street gang, and was later convicted in juvenile court and put in a shelter. Under federal law, he should have been referred to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE) but the Juvenile Probation Department's policy for dealing with offenders stipulated that "probation officers shall not discriminate in any fashion against minors based on their immigration status."

On April 2, 2004, Ramos was released to the custody of his mother, despite the fact that he had already been flagged by federal authorities as an illegal immigrant. He was still considered a ward of the court and was on probation. Just four days later, records show, he committed another crime at 19th and Mission Streets, two blocks from the site of the attack on the Muni passenger. He was released after city prosecutors declined to charge him in connection with an arrest in March on suspicion of weapons and gang violations.

There is a dispute revolving around the question of whether ICE was ever notified of the Ramos arrest, but the fact remains that for the last 10 years the city?s juvenile justice authorities have followed a policy of not turning over illegal-immigrant felons to the federal government, basing the practice on San Francisco's sanctuary-city status and state law barring local officials from surrendering them for deportation.

After a storm of protest following the slayings of the Bologna family men, San Francisco?s ultra-liberal Mayor Gavin Newsom belatedly rescinded that policy earlier this month following a report in the Chronicle that the city had flown a number of youths out of the country on its own, in possible violation of federal law, and then housed some in unlocked group homes from which they quickly escaped. His action came too late to save the lives of the Bologna men.

Those are the facts in this shocking case. They illustrate the lethal effects this idiotic and dangerous sanctuary-city policy can have on the safety of innocent Americans.

Sanctuary-city policies defy guidelines from the 9/11 Commission Report, which called on state and local authorities to help federal agencies crack down on illegal immigration. ?There is a growing role for state and local law enforcement agencies [for the enforcement of immigration law],? the report stated. ?They need more training and work with federal agencies so that they can cooperate more effectively with those federal authorities in identifying terrorist suspects.?

Instead, a host of cities across the United States classify themselves as havens for illegal aliens, despite the fact that such policies result in creating safe havens for illegal aliens who are criminals and potential terrorists. They allow criminal aliens to avoid deportation because they prevent local police from reporting them to ICE.

President Bush should issue an executive order denying any federal funds to those cities which either officially or unofficially provide sanctuaries enabling illegal aliens who commit crimes to escape deportation. They need to learn there is a price to be paid for exposing their citizens to criminal activities by aliens here illegally.

By the way isn't one MM member proud of City of San Francisco?

Ransom

I would think the family members of the victims has a very good case for a muti million dollar lawsuit against the the city for their malfeasance and blatant disregard for the laws. You can bet the mayor was thinking this when he rescinded the practice.
I hope those family members take the city to the cleaners and even file personal lawsuits on every city official that signed that document and promoted the practice of "sanctuary" that led to those deaths.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-08 AT 06:13PM (MST)[p]Just send them to Texas, as long as they're not muslims and they don't have a job 202 says illegals are welcome there.

Just one more reason for Piper's hometown to mysteriously fall into the ocean. Someday Mr. Newsom and Piper will have to answer to God for the atrocities that they advocate.

Piper, how's your period?

Ca forkedhorn - do you have a crush on me? I only like females and am over 50, but you can send a picture of yourself maybe braless holding a 250ft roll of 12-2 just to cover your buttons maybe you already have one from a supply calandar? ps one of my favorite songs is California girls

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-08 AT 10:26PM (MST)[p]Piper, I think you mean "California Dreaming" by the Mommas and Poppas that came out in 1965. Did you have a crush on Mamma Elliot?

RELH
P.S. I forgot, the beach boys also had "California Girls" about the same time.

Piper I absolutely do NOT have a crush on you, I just can't stand the rhetoric that you spew on this forum. You are an ultra-liberal gay hippie who blames GWB for everything including your period. I only pick on you because as a hunter, and especially being a hunter over 50, you should know better. I haven't heard much from the other gay libs on this forum except Hdude, but I can see right through him, he's a fake. So for now until someone on here becomes more of a gay liberal than you, I will continue my verbal rapings because you people are destroying our country.

A fake? by what standards does a mouth breather like yourself determine what's artificial and what's genuine? you'd have to take a swig to tell anti freeze from gatoraid.

Bush is the most unpopular president in American history , so just because someone isn't thrilled with him is no reason to get carried away into a childish fit. he sucks so bad they can't decide what to do with him at the GOP convention yet, they have to have him there but in what way would he do the least harm. yet you have the nerve to trash anyone who's not a fan, now that's funny.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-08 AT 08:15PM (MST)[p]"Anthony Bologna"

I swear this ain't funny .... but .... is this guy's name really "Tony Baloney" Only in Kali I guess!

Oh!! BULLCRAP ..... I'm LMFAO.

RUS

Dude could you verify the following quote with facts "Bush is the most unpopular president in American history".

Overton, he cannot verify that Bush is the most unpopular president in US history and these remarks are why I consider him a fake. He makes stuff up in his head and then convinces himself that he's right. We all know that Bush hasn't been the best president in US history but to blame him for the most ludicrous things as Piper does is just pure stupidity. As I've said before GWB has had a lot on his plate during his two terms and I believe under the circumstances he did what he thought was best each time. If Al Gore were in office, he would have blamed 9/11 on global warming, saying that we should not blame the terrorists because they probably just got too hot. If you idiot libs think that Al Gore would have been a better president, then you people are simply hopeless. It amazes me how easily people forget what happened on 9/11. I'm quite sure that Piper or Hdude didn't lose anyone that day that meant anything to them. It's going to take a nuke to hit us or a larger terrorist attack for libs to wake up. God help us if Osama Hussein Obama is president when that happens. He will want to talk to the perpetrators and ask them why they nuked us, and ask them to please not do it again. So in short yes I do think GWB should strip sanctuary city's funding.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom