bushing a firing pin hole in a bolt?

sjhgraysage

Very Active Member
I have a Rem 700 bolt that could use this treatment. Bushing in a smaller firing pin hole and turning down the firing pin to match the new hole.
Gretan Rifles in Rifle CO is recommended for this but he is not taking any new work for the next couple years. Any other quality gunsmiths out there doing this work now?
Thanks
S

The factory pin hole is a bit large and has a slight chamfer at its edge on the bolt face. Even with mild loads and factory loads it shows cratered primers. It is for a 7mm Rem Mag.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Chad does good work. So does a member on accurate shooter forum named Carlsbad. Either one you can’t go wrong with.

I was going to send a bolt to GreTan but it looks like it's not happening any time soon.

Those who have the contact info for the 'smiths mentioned, might as well post it here, please.

Zeke

I heard from Carlsbad this morning. PM me if you're interested in using him for a bolt bushing job, I'm not going to post his personal information on the web.

I spoke with Carlsbad today also. He said it’s best to join either Snipershide or Accurate shooter and message him there. He checks in regularly.
His work is top notch and reasonably priced.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom