Bushnell has gone down hill!

hook1969

I bought the Bushnell 10x42 fusion rangefinder binos last August. Used them for the muzzleloader hunt, then used them again on the elk hunt this year. They quit working while I was hunting in the rain. I contacted Bushnell they said to send them in and they would repair or replace them. I got an email stating that they would ship back in one business day. To my surprise they shipped the back w/o fixing them and said that I could buy a new pair for 550.00. I had these for 14 months and used them a total of three times. I have sent emails and tried to talk with somebody at Bushnell but there has not been any response. Yeah I know that I will get comments that will say you should've bought swaros. For those that don't have a lot of money don't waste it on Bushnell. At least Vortex has better customer service and a much better warranty!

I haven’t bought any Bushnell optics in 25 years and have ALWAYS considered their optics junk. That said, in the past they made a pretty good pocket sized rangefinder. I have had one by them for over 20 years and it’s still working well. But an actual optical device you look they to see things clearly, would never buy anything from them. They will fail.

You don’t have to buy Swaros to get decent optics/ rangefinders. But you have to pay more than Bushnell costs. They are an INVESTMENT. Truly. So save up and spend a little more and you should be happy for a long time.

But I just don’t like binocs with a rangefinder. Adds too much more that can go wrong.

Haven’t bought a Bushnell product in over 35 years. I would rather invest in a item that when the potential opportunity at a animal goes down I want my equipment to do it’s job.

If they quit you on a hunt, what are they really worth? I know what hunts cost, even DIY hunts, and they are more than $550 bucks. As stated earlier, optics are an investment. Whatever the warranty is on your Bushnell, I wouldn't use them again.

I gave up on Bushnell optivs in the early 90s. Only thing left are an old pair of scout binos. Everything else got sent down the road or made its way to the trash. I have Tasco optics that have outlast them.

I bought my first ever Bushnell product, a scope a few weeks ago. I guess we’ll see. Nothing will surprise me anymore. I once bought three rifles over the course of 5 years and all had to go back to the manufacturer because of some flaw or defect. My mid range leupold, a Vx-6, a $1100 dollar scope at the time had to go back because a windage knob fell off. Not the cap, the whole knob. It looks like everyone is having trouble making quality things anymore. I’m not a high maintenance or picky person either. I have some super high end stuff and I have the affordable too. I wish Nikon still made scopes. None of those ever gave me trouble and the three or four we bought over the years are still in operation.

Sorry to hear sounds like they don’t care about customer service.
I always felt Bushnell was near the bottom in quality. Sad you got ripped off…..post it everywhere companies like this don’t belong in business.

Hey, hey, hey, mister!!!!

I like going to Walmart to see the Walmartians. They're funny.
Here you go then….

B8BFFFB0-52CE-4A05-BF85-F93A6B8D79B0.jpeg

In my opinion, Bushnell was mediocre back in the days of the Scope Chief and Banner series. I had a few of those when I was young and mowing lawns for money that got me by until I discovered the true value of good, reliable optics......and got a real job.

To the OP, I'm sorry about the trouble you are having with them and hope that you are able to get some kind of resolution. ----SS

I bought the Bushnell 10x42 fusion rangefinder binos last August. Used them for the muzzleloader hunt, then used them again on the elk hunt this year. They quit working while I was hunting in the rain. I contacted Bushnell they said to send them in and they would repair or replace them. I got an email stating that they would ship back in one business day. To my surprise they shipped the back w/o fixing them and said that I could buy a new pair for 550.00. I had these for 14 months and used them a total of three times. I have sent emails and tried to talk with somebody at Bushnell but there has not been any response. Yeah I know that I will get comments that will say you should've bought swaros. For those that don't have a lot of money don't waste it on Bushnell. At least Vortex has better customer service and a much better warranty!
I had a Tasco World Class Scope many years ago for my hunting rifle. Maybe in the early 90s. Bushnell bought them out and voided the Lifetime Warranty. I knew back then Bushnell wasn't going to be my friend. I have bought and sold Leica Geovids on here for about 1000.00 used. Buy them when you can and you will be happy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom