Bushnell or Nikon Scopes?

Ropinfool

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-06 AT 12:38PM (MST)[p]I wanting to buy a new scope for one of my rifles and don't want to spend a ton. Which are the best scopes for the money? Bushnell Legend or Nikon Prostaff?? or any other suggestions.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-06 AT 12:44PM (MST)[p]Leupold vari x II's are good and usually affordable. Don't waste your money on bushnell.

It's a remington model 600 in a .243 so I need something kind of small. I'm kind of leaning toward a Nikon 2-7 but have never had one. I see that they have a lifetime warrenty though.

I have been using Nikon for over 20 years, very good preformance and no problems. I use the Monarch line which is their top of the line model.

RELH

If you do go Bushnell I wouldn't buy anything short of the Elite series, but I'm with Zigga on this one, go Leupold!

It's always an adventure!!!

Bushnell 4200 Elite w/Rainguard. I own two of these scopes and my father and Brother-in-laws do as well, GREAT SCOPES!!!!

Good luck

The rifle was given to my grandfather back in the 60's and has a bushnell 4x scope on it. The rifle lived in his ranch pickup and has taken a beating for a lot of years. That old bushnell scope has held up pretty well. Guess if they still make them like that then I don't mind having another one. The main thing I want is a variable power scope.

I have one of all 3 mentioned in the post the Nikon is good the Leopold is great the Bushnell I'm replacing after a year it has terrible light gathering ability compared to the others.

My brother inlaw bought a Nikon in '94 and he's on his 3rd replacement and not due to abuse at all. I don't know if that's typical but I'd stay with Leupold for sure. Swarovski if you can afford it.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, try the Weaver V9. It's a 3-9x38mm scope. I don't have one but it's supposed to be a good scope for the money. You might also want to look at the Burris Fullfield in a 3-9x40. They can be had for $200, or even as low as $150, especially if you look on ebay.

I would go with the Nikon I have had nothing but bad luck with Bushnell I have had the yardage pro 600 and it broke I have the bushnell ledgend 12x50 and they suck so I would go with Nikon.

muliefanatic

You asked which is the very best scope for the money? Leupold hands down. One of the major rifle magazines did an impartial evaluation of all scopes and their conclusion was Leupold was the best for the money.

TM

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom