Busted Reserve Area Outiftters

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
Public record and just posted on the NM Dept. of Fish and Game website. Was wondering how this would finally work out...Though it might seem menial on its face, this kind of activity and illegally guiding cheats guides and outfitters who are in compliance with their special-use permits as well as hunters who wait years to draw or pay for and hunt primo units.

RESERVE-AREA RESIDENTS FINED MORE THAN $7,000 FOR ILLEGAL OUTFITTING, GUIDING

LAS CRUCES -- Two outfitters and a guide from the Reserve area will pay more than $7,000 in fines for violating special-use regulations while outfitting or guiding hunters in the Gila National Forest.

U.S. Magistrate William P. Lynch sentenced the three brothers on charges resulting from a joint investigation by the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish and the Gila National Forest. Violations included non-compliance with federal and state special-use permit requirements for commercial operations. Citations were issued in 2007.

"The permits provide guidance and direction on commercial recreation activities, which affords the public a quality recreation experience and protects the forest's natural resources," said Craig Cowie, Recreation Staff Officer on the Gila National Forest.

Defendants and fines included: ........

I won't post the names of the guides/outfitters listed but you can see them at the NM fish and game link below

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/pub...s/documents/2008/030508reserveoutfitters.html

or, go to the fish and game website:

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/

Good job!!! Bet/hope another outfitter turned them in. If you're playing by the rules and someone else isn't, it pi$$es you off!!!!

I was going to put this on my website but you guys beat me to it..
These brothers are major dirt bags... They used to work for Mick Chappel but they decided to run there own show. They used to run an outfit called Rugged Mountain but they got shut down by the game and fish... I think they then tried to guide in AZ and got busted... It seems that they get registered or start doing business under one of the brothers name then they get busted and are forced to close then they open up under another brothers name then get bust... etc etc etc

j-

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom