CA Draw posted.

2nd alternate on east park Bull tag, If anyone knows who drew tell them the lake is so low all the elk left and to turn there tags in quickly!
Was this in the max point or random pool? I’d say congrats but not sure if being that close and knowing about it is good for ones blood pressure ?

M3 muzzlelader for me
If you can hold off the trigger and hunt the last 4 days you will see some crazy rutting activity. They're rutting at the beginning of the hunt, but I saw way harder rutting and a few more bigger bucks toward the end. I killed my buck on Thanksgiving Day and he was stupid rutty!! If you're in great physical shape I'll share with you a spot that is tough to get in to where I saw a giant!!

M4 for my brother and me. Happy to receive any PM and info. We’re both mid 60’s so doubt we’ll get drawn for this again.?

I also got NE elk archery 4th alternate, still debating whether I’ll accept being an alternate - there’s a good chance guys will back out when the fires start up this summer.?

?

Max points, and lucky I have low blood pressure not sure why they even have two alternates for a tag like this
Was this in the max point or random pool? I’d say congrats but not sure if being that close and knowing about it is good for ones blood pressure

You put in for a muzz hunt but know nothing about them?
You may get a lil hate for that..
Jester
Ain't that difficult to figure out. Just looking for some advice as to make/model, peoples preferences.

Your the guy who asked about guides on a military base. You have a fitting name.

Ain't that difficult to figure out. Just looking for some advice as to make/model, peoples preferences.

Your the guy who asked about guides on a military base. You have a fitting name.
I would recommend a Utah muzzleloader. It’s when you shoot it with a 6.5 and say you got it with a muzz/bow.

M11 Blacktail rut time. Anyone got any advice on muzzleloaders? I know nothing about them.
If you can find a Remington Ultimate muzzleloader that’s what I’d grab. If you’re on a budget grab a TC triumph or Omega. Blackhorn 209 is the powder to use.

Last edited:
Remington went bankrupt. I'm not sure if the new buyer will keep Ultimate muzzleloader stuff in production. If your vision is still good enough to take advantage of a good receiver sight for long distance shooting, you might consider a CVA Paramount, but would need to drill and tap for good receiver sight and front sight.

congrats on m5 I consider that to be the best in the state along with potential for any size, and only 5 hunter,

My uncle is first alternate for a Marble/Clippers sheep tag for the second time in six years. It's EXTREMELY rare that a sheep tag gets turned in but it could happen.

My uncle is first alternate for a Marble/Clippers sheep tag for the second time in six years. It's EXTREMELY rare that a sheep tag gets turned in but it could happen.
I drew that sheep tag in 2017 and came close to turning it in after I badly broke my ankle on Nov 11 with the season starting December 1.

After surgery on Nov 14 where I ended up with two steel plates and 13 screws, my surgeon told me it would be a minimum of 8 weeks to get back to partial weight bearing on the ankle. There is no provision in CA providing a tag to be turned back in for medical reasons and then allowing it to be reissued to the same tag holder the following year. If I turned it in I would have maintained my max points but there is no guarantee that I would have ever drawn the tag again. After consulting with my outfitter I decided to keep it. He thought we could kill a ram close to the truck even if I was on crutches so we scheduled the hunt for the last 2 weeks of January. My recovery went better than expected and my surgeon reluctantly released me to transition to full weight bearing at the start of my hunt. I was able to gingerly hobble around without crutches using trekking poles and ended up killing my ram on 1/27…

Horniac

0DE9A144-D3EF-4152-B8A7-A62738042F19.jpeg
A2B2F2FD-558A-48FF-ACD9-35FECF2BA78A.jpeg
C605BA0F-B31D-4460-B251-7AFE26D56D69.jpeg

What the hell did you do Horniac?

Nice ram and glad you didn't turn it in--chances are you'd die without drawing even at max points.

What the hell did you do Horniac?

Nice ram and glad you didn't turn it in--chances are you'd die without drawing even at max points.
Yes I figured I would never draw it again.

As to the ankle, I was hunting in CA in the grass oak foothills and fell. Unfortunately my ankle was wedged in some rocks at the time and didn’t release snapping my ankle.

Ironically I had just gotten back from a successful CO mountain goat hunt where I was hunting in some nasty country at 13,000 feet in the snow, ice, and rocks without incident - go figure!

Horniac

Yes I figured I would never draw it again.

As to the ankle, I was hunting in CA in the grass oak foothills and fell. Unfortunately my ankle was wedged in some rocks at the time and didn’t release snapping my ankle.

Ironically I had just gotten back from a successful CO mountain goat hunt where I was hunting in some nasty country at 13,000 feet in the snow, ice, and rocks without incident - go figure!

Horniac
You nailed the goat hunt and effed up in the Cali foothills--of course! Man, quite the x-ray's. Glad you're good to go.

Didn't even draw A-1 as my second choice. How does that work? But, I did finally draw Nevada, so I will concentrate my efforts there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom