CA Outfitter Recommendation

COHunter

Anyone have outfitters in CA they would recommend? Looking to do a bucket list hunt and even a management hunt would be great. I see several outfitters offer that for a cheaper price, but don't have a clue who to go with

thanks

Bwht4x4

Very Active Member
You may want to give Aaron a call and see what his options are.

Sierra

Very Active Member
I second Cary Jellison at G&J Outfitters. Especially if you want a trophy Blacktail. He knows his stuff and won’t BS you.

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My first choice would be the Tejon Ranch....lots and lots of game there. Bucket list thing? Do a deer and a pig hunt....

Horniac

Very Active Member
Tejon Ranch is definitely legit but the majority of the ranch is on the wrong side of I-5 if you want a true blacktail at least as recognized by B&C.

Cary Jellison is a great guy. I have personally hunted with him and he has a great blacktail ranch from what I have heard. He has been around forever.

Never hunted with them but Arrow 5 Outfitters also has a great reputation on trophy blacktails and have been around for a long time. Lots of celebrities have hunted with them…

Horniac

CA_Wapiti

Oakstone Outfitters in Bradley, CA (Central Coast) can get it done for you. Would be considered a true blacktail since it is West of the I-5. I believe they offer weekend hunts (Friday to Sunday) and weekday hunts (Tuesday to Thursday). Additional days can be added if need be. You’d use an A zone tag unless you purchased a PLM tag which would have a different set of hunt dates later in the season I believe. They offer butcher and processing services as well as taxidermy.

Homer

Long Time Member
Oakstone Outfitters in Bradley, CA (Central Coast) can get it done for you. Would be considered a true blacktail since it is West of the I-5. I believe they offer weekend hunts (Friday to Sunday) and weekday hunts (Tuesday to Thursday). Additional days can be added if need be. You’d use an A zone tag unless you purchased a PLM tag which would have a different set of hunt dates later in the season I believe. They offer butcher and processing services as well as taxidermy.
Not true on Blacktail unless determined by dna……for B&C

LIK2HNT

Very Active Member
Have not checked in awhile, but a few years ago I looked at Arrow 5 website. WOW is all I can say about their prices. Thank god I am a DIY person, otherwise I would not have a retirement fund!! 😎😎

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom