CA Outfitter Recommendation

COHunter

Anyone have outfitters in CA they would recommend? Looking to do a bucket list hunt and even a management hunt would be great. I see several outfitters offer that for a cheaper price, but don't have a clue who to go with

thanks

You may want to give Aaron a call and see what his options are.

My first choice would be the Tejon Ranch....lots and lots of game there. Bucket list thing? Do a deer and a pig hunt....

Tejon Ranch is definitely legit but the majority of the ranch is on the wrong side of I-5 if you want a true blacktail at least as recognized by B&C.

Cary Jellison is a great guy. I have personally hunted with him and he has a great blacktail ranch from what I have heard. He has been around forever.

Never hunted with them but Arrow 5 Outfitters also has a great reputation on trophy blacktails and have been around for a long time. Lots of celebrities have hunted with them…

Horniac

Oakstone Outfitters in Bradley, CA (Central Coast) can get it done for you. Would be considered a true blacktail since it is West of the I-5. I believe they offer weekend hunts (Friday to Sunday) and weekday hunts (Tuesday to Thursday). Additional days can be added if need be. You’d use an A zone tag unless you purchased a PLM tag which would have a different set of hunt dates later in the season I believe. They offer butcher and processing services as well as taxidermy.

Oakstone Outfitters in Bradley, CA (Central Coast) can get it done for you. Would be considered a true blacktail since it is West of the I-5. I believe they offer weekend hunts (Friday to Sunday) and weekday hunts (Tuesday to Thursday). Additional days can be added if need be. You’d use an A zone tag unless you purchased a PLM tag which would have a different set of hunt dates later in the season I believe. They offer butcher and processing services as well as taxidermy.
Not true on Blacktail unless determined by dna……for B&C

I second Cary Jellison at G&J Outfitters. Especially if you want a trophy Blacktail. He knows his stuff and won’t BS you.
Where’s the blacktail hunting? They don’t show any on their website.,.

I had heard or read don’t recall which that he no longer has the Laytonville ranch lease
He may have or be getting another property I am not sure but that maybe the issue

Do a search for Madrone West Outfitters. Real blacktails in the coastal range. Not an easy hunt at all, but real blackies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom