CA Pig Hunting Location Advice?

HalfAce

Very Active Member
Hey guys, I'm in need of a good push in the right direction for where to do a pig hunt here in California.

One of my childhood best friends honored me by asking me to be his best man at his wedding. As a bachelor party, I was figuring ide plan a Vegas trip, but when I asked him more or less what he would want to do, he said he definitely wants to go on a pig hunt and shoot himself a pig! He also wants to serve the pig for dinner at his wedding! I have no problem with that! :D

Now, he's never hunted before, but that's not the issue, I got most of the needed gear and will help him along the way.

But here is my problem, I live in CA, but I have never hunted pigs (never interested me much) here. I got bit by the Mule deer bug pretty bad and always end up hunting mulies out of state, so i have no prior pig hunting knowledge. I know enough that the Tejon Ranch is THE go to private property in Southern California, so I looked them up online and saw that they do not allow any "non-hunters" to hunt along with any non-guided or semi-guided hunters.

So that right there was the main problem as there may be 5 or 6 of us along on the trip.

Anyone have any recommendations or contacts to a decent piece of private property where I can take a bachelor who really wants to take a pig and 4 or 5 other guys who don't plan to hunt?

We are in Los Angeles and are willing to drive up all the way to Paso Robles, but not really looking to travel further North than that. We are willing to pay the going rate for the take of one pig off of private property. Not really looking to try and hunt public land as I know that takes a lot of research, time, and public land pig hunting from what I hear is pretty bleak?

Hoping to hear from some of you guys.

Best Regards,
Alek

I live down in San Diego area, but hunt Fort Huntet Ligget and Camp Roberts occasionally. You can google those for details or try jesseshunting.com and search that as well.
Bob

I did the same thing for my bachelor party but we mostly all hunted. We almost filled out everyone's tag in one evening hunt. We hunted with Tom Willoughby out of San Miguel. It was a slam dunk. You guys can stay at the coast and just leave your other buddies to go play golf, wine taste or hit the beach and bars.

I also liked that he had a walk in to hang the pigs in and he kept them for us til the end of the weekend.

Have fun!

I would go with Tom also I hunted deer with and his boy Blake good people. And the walk in box is a meat saver because it can get real hot there.

Hey guys, thank you! I'll check out both options mentioned and see what they can do for me. I appreciate all of the replies. Will post a report after the hunt, but not sure what dates that will be yet.

Thanks for all of your advice guys.

We were going to go on a hunt with Tom Willoughby, but my buddy missed his Hunter Ed class and so we didn't end up going. Might try it in the future though. It sounds like he really gets his guys on the pigs.

Double check to see if Tom uses dogs to hunt pigs. If that's your thing go for it and have fun. Dogs are a totally different type of hunt and not my style.

>Hey guys, thank you! I'll check
>out both options mentioned and
>see what they can do
>for me. I appreciate all
>of the replies. Will post
>a report after the hunt,
>but not sure what dates
>that will be yet.
How was Vegas ?

I don't think Tom uses dogs on pigs he has a lot of land leased and lots of people telling him where they see pigs. good guy to hunt with and wont rip you off

Did you go on this pig hunt yet? San Miguel holds lots of pigs. Parkfield also has outfitters that have access to tons of pigs. If you already went, send pics!

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom