Ca pig hunting

buckmster28

A friend of mine has a ranch with pigs and was considering guided hunts or tresspass hunts. I know to guide you need a bond and a guide license, was wondering if someone knew the laws concering tresspass fees. Can you charge a tresspass fee and either show someone where to go or even take them out or is this considered guiding in which case you would need a guide license for.

one thing you really want to make sure is that you have insurance! its not easy getting insurance if ur insurance agency knows people are going to be shooting guns and it can be quite expensive. It's not required to have insurance but i would highly recommend it! But to answer your question i am pretty sure if you are going to be assisting in anyway and receiving compensation for that then you will need a guides license. im pretty sure that the only way to get around it is if the hunts are donated and you are not getting paid.

I was thinking the same thing I think you can charge a trespassing fee without any problem but you might have to have insurance for hunting which might not be to expensive.

As an insurance agent that specializes in Outfitters and Guides. It is required by Law to have a minumium of General Liabilty insurance if you are guiding. However if you are just collecting a tresspass fee and not Guiding you need to make sure that the owner of the property has Liabilty coverage on his Ranch or Home Policy. That is a very easy coverage to add onto his policy if he does not already have it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom