Ca Zone D6

Drew my first tag in my first ever draw up in Ca D6(stanislaus county).I am a first timer and am not too sure of where to camp...I've heard Clarke's Fork is a good spot ?! Are there other BLM land roads we can just drive out on and set up a base camp ? Any help here is appreciated. Thanks

Get a usfs Stanislaus national forest map. Not a lot of blm here. Mostly Tuolumne county, Stanislaus county is all private farm land / small cities (Modesto). Clarks fork is a good place to camp with everybody else.

Clark's Fork has great camping, especially if you like crowds .

Spend some time checking out the unit this summer and pick an area you like .

Yea...Think I'll try to avoid as many people as possible...tried ordering a USFS map of Stanislaus County but they're sold out ..I'll keep trying.Still not sure if there are roads to camp off of?

>Yea...Think I'll try to avoid as
>many people as possible...tried ordering
>a USFS map of Stanislaus
>County but they're sold out
>..I'll keep trying.Still not sure
>if there are roads to
>camp off of?

Never hunted D6 but lots of good info that might answer your questions here;

https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/stanislaus/maps-pubs

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd522360.pdf

Soj51hopefull & D6native definitely know their stuff but you might want to post over in the California forum as well.

Good luck!

Horniac

If your going to camp at Clarks Fork area drive back towards highway 108 take the first gravel road to the right. Drive to the end of the road and park. Find the main trail it goes north and up the valley into the Darnell Cones....good area....good luck.....

))))------->

Opening weekend will be crowded everywhere in D6 take your own rock to stand on...lol....if you can hunt weekdays you will have a better hunt.

))))------->

Oh boy ...okay....I NEED to find that road.Trying to pick up a stanislaus forestry map online but they are sold out ...I'm guessing it's all the other hunters grabbing em' up.

I tell ya' .... the more I research (I'm a new hunter) the more I realize why some are turned off by it ...too many people out there! Hope my expericence is'nt too painful ...pun intended

Any chance a guy could get an old thread going again?? I'm 18 and I'm trying to get into hunting and because I live in Escalon I thought I'd try my luck at D6. Can anybody give me some good advice for this area? So far (all my research is internet based, no field experience yet) I'm planning on working my way around Fence Creek campground area in the early part of the season then working my way down in elevation as the season progresses. Im planning on a rifle tag btw. Any advice period would be much appreciated!

One more thing Garrett. Use your binoculars, take your time, especially in those burns at first and last light. Deer have big ol' ears for a reason.

I work for the Forest Service, my suggestion is download PDF maps by Avenza on your phone. There you can buy the Forest map and conveniently gps will track your location. Don’t stop there, buy OnXmaps too. I use both for work and hunting and they’re both necessary purchases

I work for the Forest Service, my suggestion is download PDF maps by Avenza on your phone. There you can buy the Forest map and conveniently gps will track your location. Don’t stop there, buy OnXmaps too. I use both for work and hunting and they’re both necessary purchases
Oh and on Avenza you can probably buy a map specifically of your hunt unit as well but still get the Forest visitors map

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom