Cabela's & Bass Pro Combined????

kilowatt

Had a friend tell me yesterday morning that he either read or heard that the two Companies have joined together as one now. Anyone heard this latest scuttlebutt??

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Appears the stock jumped a bit on the news. It's no done deal yet, but Bass Pro looks to be wanting to buy them out with the help of Goldman Sachs. I don't own any Cabela's stock, so I don't know why they're even open to selling.

----------------
Exclusive: Bass Pro teams up with Goldman for Cabela's bid - sources
BY Reuters ? 10:13 AM ET 04/19/2016
By Lauren Hirsch and Greg Roumeliotis
(Reuters) - Privately held outdoors retailer Bass Pro Shops has partnered with Goldman Sachs Group Inc's private equity arm to make an offer for U.S. hunting and fishing store chain Cabela's Inc, people familiar with the matter said.
The move gives Bass Pro the equity financing necessary to pursue Cabela's and makes such a deal more likely, given the potential cost savings and synergies a combination of the two U.S. hunting and finishing retailers would bring.
Sidney, Nebraska-based Cabela's said in December it was working with investment bank Guggenheim Securities LLC to explore strategic alternatives including a sale, following pressure from activist hedge fund Elliott Management Corp.
Bass Pro's and Goldman's consortium face competition for Cabela's from buyout firms, and the sale process is still in the early stages, the sources said on Tuesday.
Cabela's has also been exploring selling its credit card business separately and received expressions of interest from other potential buyers, the sources added.
The sources asked not to be identified because the deliberations are confidential. Bass Pro and Cabela's did not respond to requests for comment, while Goldman declined to comment.
(Reporting by Lauren Hirsch and Greg Roumeliotis in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
----------------

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

​Last year an Attorney from Oakland California contacted me in a Law Suit Matter against ​Cabela's.

Cabela's had taken my personal information and many others individuals and did...?

Jager,do you have an account with Cabelas?Have you ever ordered anything from them?This is not great news for me.I have been with Cabelas for a long time,and don't see being bought out by Bass Pro as any improvement. There is a Bass Pro here in Vegas, but it's been a long time since I felt like going there.

It caught me by surprise. I never took out a credit card or ordered things. I had simply been on-line and their Internet Marketing Group, snagged up my IPS, Computer ID and my data's as far as I know.

A Single Man had the same thing happen and he sued them. I was on a long list of a Superior Courts Documents in evidence: "Discovery".

Cabela's was Ordered to send a post card to "Everyone" about the suit. This is one reason I wrote the Post on: Understanding Privacy (Campfire).

I prefer Cabelas products to Bass Pro. They will probably have a larger selection of items now. My concern is who will set the price mark? They are no longer competing so who's keeping them in check? It wouldn't surprise me to see a small increase in prices instead of a decrease.

I once bought a Cabelas gift card and got screwed. :(

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

My concern is who
>will set the price mark?
>They are no longer competing
>so who's keeping them in
>check? It wouldn't surprise me
>to see a small increase
>in prices instead of a
>decrease.
>

Cabelas is already more expensive than most places.

> My concern is who
>>will set the price mark?
>>They are no longer competing
>>so who's keeping them in
>>check? It wouldn't surprise me
>>to see a small increase
>>in prices instead of a
>>decrease.
>>
>
>Cabelas is already more expensive than
>most places.

Bass Pro moved in first of this year to a big fanfare, store does nothing for me. Prices are higher than the nearest Sportsmans which are way higher then the nearest Cabela's, which is a good hour and a half away. Really liked Scheels when I went through it.
Magnum

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom