Cabelas Euro Binos

L

Lowedog

Any one have any input on these? I'm retiring my 15 yr old Leupolds and it's between these and the Leupold Golden Ring 10 x 42. The Cabelas binos are $200 cheaper and sound pretty nice. They say they are made for them by a major euro manufacturer. Look like Swarovski's to me.

-Lowedog

Take a look at the Alaskan Guide series and you won't be dissapointed. They will take them back if you don't agree!

Well they are on the way so I'll give a review.

-Lowedog

BTW Foreman, this might sound stupid but what does FWIW stand for?

For that price, you could pick up a pair of Nikon Venturer LX Binos. These are ranked higher than the Euros by most birders, who have a very discriminating eye. I bought a pair of 8x32s and I now use them more than my Leicas. I strongly suggest you look at a pair.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-06 AT 00:21AM (MST)[p]Lowedog,

I imagine they're good binos, but I don't know that I could bring myself to drop $800.00 on them when there's other more proven binos for about the same (or even less) money. A couple examples are, LL Bean was closing out the old style Swarovski 10x42 SLC's for $800.00 about 6 weeks ago and Cabelas is currently selling the Zeiss 10x40 ClassiC's for $749.99 shipped, both of which are far more proven than the Meoptas and are at least on the same level optically, if not better.

$800.00 would also buy the newest Nikon Venturer LXL's if you did a little homework. The Nikon's are absolutely fantastic binos, and this is coming from a guy who's owned everything from Swarovski EL's to Leica Ultravids, and everything in between.

Please give us a rundown after you've had a chance to check out the Cabelas Euros in person.....

Foreman 4x4,

You are the man when it comes to binos on this site so I respect your opinion more than most. Do you live close to a Cabelas?
The reason I ask is that I would like to see what you think of these Cabelas binos. I checked them out at the Lehi location and I have to admit I was pretty impressed. I too have owned several of the premium brand binos. For the price, these Meoptas may be a great deal. They have a product video you can download from their website that shows how tough these binos are, they freeze the binos into a block of ice, etc. They really praise these binos but I would like a more unbiased opinion on them. Cabelas says they cant keep them in stock right now.

Let us know if you get a chance to check them out or if you get any more info on them.
Thanks,
HH

I just bought the 10x50 Meoptas i'll get them by friday. They have great reviews, the glass is supposedly on par with the best and they are 5 ounces lighter than the Swarovski 10x50. I'll let you all know what I think after I get them.

HeadHunter,

I haven't checked them out in person. I'll have to make it a point to do it one of these nights on my way home from work.

Received them yesterday. First impression is they are very clear! They are a bit heavier then my old Luepolds. But feel very sturdy and comfortable to hold. Construction looks top notch. I will get them out on the hill tomorrow and see what they are like for shed hunting. It will take a little getting used to as my Luepods are infinate focus and I'm not accustomed to the center focus knob. I really like the eye cups. Just turn them and they extend out for more eye relief.

I don't have a lot of experience with the real high end optics. I have always been a Luepold man. I have looked through a few pairs of the top end stuff and with my limited experience these seem to be on par.

-Lowedog

I've had my 10x50 Meoptas for five days now and used them quite a bit. They are awesome! Extremely bright and extremely clear, right to the edge of the view. They have a huge wow factor, everyone that looks through them says, WOW! Even a couple of optic snobs. At 35 ounces you definitely need a good harness, I use the Crooked Horn Outfitters system and I don't really notice much difference between these and my 10x42 Bruntons that are five ounces lighter.

After getting out over the weekend and getting some field time with these I have to say I am very impressed! Like RG said, you need a good harness. They are very comfortable to hold and the clarity is incredible.

They didn't help me find any sheds though! :)

-Lowedog

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom